The Boy Under The Glasses

CHATER FOUR: I WISH I COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING!

Everyone in the castle was busy preparing for the ritual. Angels from different places gathered in our castle to pray for the success of the ritual. Last week we found out that Rylee was not the real servatrix but Ely. Ethan asked our father if the ritual will take Ely's life but father refused to answer him.

I feel so sorry for him. He was so befuddled. He does not know how to make things right. I wanted to help him but there was nothing left that I could do. It wasn't me who chose Ely as our new servatrix. I have to follow God's orders.

"Why don't you want to help me chase Kira?" I asked Ethan while we were at the garden with Athrun and Ashley. Ethan was my only hope to have Kira but he was too dejected that he does not even want to eat food.

"Let's give Kira a chance... maybe we could convince him to change and be with us," my twin sister said.

"I agree with Ashley," Athrun said. "I think Kira is not that bad. I know he's a demon but I could feel that there is still goodness in his heart."

I looked at him in an odd way."You don't know Kira that much..."

"I don't have to know him better. He loves Ely, right?"

Ethan flinched when Athrun mentioned Ely's name and continued staring at the sky with a blank expression. I know he was just trying to hide his real feelings so that we don't have to worry about him.

"So what if he loves her?" Ashley asked.

"If Kira knows how to love and value Ely then it means that there is still goodness in his heart. It's as simple as that," Athrun explained.

We glanced at Ethan to see his reaction and to our surprise; we saw Ethan's eyes filled with tears. The last time we saw him crying was when he was transformed into a demon after he accidentally killed her first - ever - girlfriend.

Ashley went beside her and lifted her hands to wipe his tears away but Athrun swiftly went beside Ashley and grabbed her hand to stop her.

"You can't touch him," Athrun mumbled and pulled her up. "Ethan is so weak so even the touch of the tip of your finger will cause him insufferable pain."

"Forget Kira," Ethan finally said.

These past few days Ethan was always saying that he would kill Kira if he visits this castle again. He almost showed his true form to Ely and attack Kira when he saw her hugging Kira and now he wanted me to forget Kira.

"But Kira is -"

"I said forget him!" Ethan shouted.

"Someone's coming," Athrun warned.

We heard footsteps coming from the house cleaner's quarter. The door at the center slowly opened and Quincy and Ely came into view. Ely went to the direction where the castle was while Quincy headed to our direction.

When Ethan saw Ely, he immediately lurched to his feet and ran hurriedly. Athrun automatically followed him while Ashley stayed beside me.

"Why aren't you leaving?" I asked crossly.

"You want me to leave?" she mocked. "Do you want some privacy with Quincy?"

I looked at her heatedly but she did not leave. Oh my twin sister was making things more intricate for me. She should be supportive to me for crying out loud!

"Justin!" Quincy shouted as she ran towards me. "Are you busy? Can you come with me?"

"It's a secret!"

Ashley cleared her throat and when Quincy looked at her apologetically, she smiled sweetly and introduced herself. After a getting - to - know - each - other - talk with Quincy, finally decided to leave as alone and headed back to the castle to find Ethan.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"I told you it's a secret," she grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. She kept on smiling and humming while we were walking and refused to answer my questions. The way she acted made me smile too because it was my first time to walk with her with our hands intertwined.

"Come on Quincy! Tell me where we are going, " I begged.

She glanced at me and smiled. "Just wait."

When we reached the entrance gate of the park where we used to play, she stopped walking and opened the gate with trembling hands. Then she grabbed my hand again and pulled me towards the seesaw.

"What are we doing here?" I asked in undertone.

"Could you still remember the day when you took one of the feathers on your right wing?" she asked excitedly. She kept on biting her lower lip hide her smile.

I nodded slowly as I tried to recall it. "That time you cut your long hair too, right?"

"Yes, and we plowed the soil near the seesaw and buried my hair and your feather there." She paused and took a deep breath. "Could you still remember what you said after we buried them?"

Angels have very sharp memory so remembering the past wouldn't be a big deal. I went beside the seesaw where we buried them and was surprised to see a small plant with a small red rosebud.

"You said that if we burry my hair and your feather here, a new life will start to bloom. You also said that you will protect it with all your life," she said in a soft voice.

"No."

"What do you mean?"

I turned around to face her. "You got it wrong."

She placed her hands on her waist and arched her eyebrow. "I'm correct!"

I walked toward her, hugged her, and whispered, "I said that if we burry your hair and my feather here, a new LOVE will start to bloom. And I promised to you that I will protect that LOVE with all my life."

"But you said -"

"An angel has a sharper memory compared to a human so don't waste your time in contradicting me." I slowly moved away from her and held both her hands. "I said LOVE and not LIFE."

She pulled her hands away and turned around. "If you say so..."

"I love you," I whispered. She turned around to face me and looked at me incredulously. She calculated my expression for a short time and then smiled.

"You love me... as a friend... right?" she asked slowly.

"Not as a friend."

"As a sister?"

I rolled my eyes. "Come on Quincy! I know you know what I mean by that! You know I love you more than a friend!"

"But - but - but -"

"But what?"

"When we were young you left me because you said that your father doesn't like the idea of you being too nice to me! Now you are saying that you love me! What would your father's reaction be?"

"I'll talk to father..."

"But -"

"Let me ask you one thing." I walked closer to her and stopped just a few inches away from her. "Do you love me?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Do you love me?" I repeated.

"Well... well yeah..."

"Well that's all that mattes now." I tilted her chin up and I slowly lowered my head until our lips touched.

This was our first kiss and I hoped that it wouldn't be the last.

"Justin!" said a familiar voice.

I do not have to look back just to see who called my name. I know by heart the sound of that voice.

Quincy looked behind me and then gasped. "King Gavin."