03 : the new acquaintances.

III. THE NEW ACQUAINTANCES!

THE PRINCESS STARED AT THE STRANGE boy with his full body turned towards the cell wall, with eyes staring into the oblivion

THE PRINCESS STARED AT THE STRANGE boy with his full body turned towards the cell wall, with eyes staring into the oblivion. His dark eyes filled with bitterness by his current state for his own sake and of his destroyed home planet. He didn't want to look at another human soul anymore; he didn't want to be reminded of the lives taken away in the evacuation-he simply didn't wanted to be reminded of his parents. After his mother and father lead him and his brother to safety with help from an unknown figure, the two boys were sent their separate ways and never saw one another nor their parents again. Space was not a safe place for lost boys.

"You seem like you need a friend. I don't think there is anything wrong with that or you in general but does staring at the wall get tiring?" Princess Leia remarked to get a conversation started at least to this long awkward silence.

The boy didn't bother to think twice about his response. "I don't need a friend. I don't anybody. I just to be alone, got it? Besides, shouldn't a princess like you be busy or what in the world are you doing here?"

"I would ask you the same question, but I guess you'd prefer silence instead. Look, I say maybe being friends isn't on your list and in all honesty neither is it on mines; I just thought being friendly would give me some answers about you. You seem to be astray, huh, lost boy?" Leia exclaimed, her teeth sharper than ever, ready to bite this boy back into reality.

The boy, who seemed to be stuck in another world of his own, clenched his fists and slowly turned his head to take a glance at the daring princess. From his peripheral vision, he could see how she looked. She was wearing a long, innocent white dress and her hair was braided and made into buns, which made him chuckle at her strange taste in style. He didn't enjoy her company as he found her act of trying to be nice a silly act of pity, but she was the only one else here. Who else could he ignore?

"Are you some sort of spy, princess?" he questioned, ignoring her glare, "I don't like being watched by a girl who can't even get simple answers from a broken boy. I say you need a new way of living if that's what you are."

Leia crossed her arms and straighten her posture. She glared towards the mysterious boy with all the raging fury she had inside of her. Furiously she wanted to go up to and show some sense into him but didn't want to risk anything just yet-a plan was forming inside of her dazed mind.

"I have a name, you know? I'm not just a princess or a thing; I am someone unlike you." Leia contended with a solemn stare; one that is often given by someone who is wanted to be taken seriously in any situation.

"I didn't ask, princess. I already know who you are either way. . . I just like calling you that. I don't like names as much. I adore nicknames, you know? They're more exciting!" He chuckled at the possible nicknames he could give her or anyone else on the ship. He promised himself that he'll always remember his nickname back home as one of the best gifts ever given to him, but for some reason, at this moment, he didn't want to remember his nickname. In fact, he no longer wanted to be a part of that name. Having his home taken away and being separated by his family was enough; the nickname created a great pain inside him.