Chapter 16

Tobias's POV

I wake up with two pairs of hands shaking me. I open my eyes and see Paige and Simon, two of my little cousins. Paige is 6, and Simon is 4. They are both adorable. That's when I realize that I'm still at my relatives' house, and we're going home today.

"Wake up Tobias," Paige says. I sit up on the couch that I have been sleeping on.

"Ok. Ok. I'm up," I say and run my hand through my hair. "Where's Justin?"

"He's still sleeping," Simon says.

"Then why didn't you wake him up?" I ask.

"Because we like you better," Paige replies, and I laugh.

"Well. I'm going to get dressed. You guys stay put," I say and get up. I go into the bathroom and put on some jeans, a charcoal gray long sleeve shirt, and black converse. I start to brush my teeth, and I feel arms wrap around my legs. I look down and see Paige and Simon.

"I thought I told you to stay put," I say, and Paige giggles.

"We got bored," she replies, and I finish brushing my teeth.

"Hey. Why don't you go wake Justin up. I have an important job for him," I tell them.

"Ok," they say and run into the room Justin is sleeping in. I hear them scream at him, and then I hear a big thud. I walk into the room and see Justin sprawled on the floor. He stands up and rubs his head.

"Justin. Can you go to the store and get these things?" I ask and hand him a piece of paper.

"Sure. But why?" he questions.

"I really need this stuff," I answer.

"Ok," he says and walks out of the room.

"Come on Paige. Come on Simon," I say, and they follow me into the living room. I look at the clock. It's 7:00.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"They're outside," Paige says.

"Yeah," Simon agrees. "And they don't know we're up." I chuckle.

"Well. Come on. Let's get some breakfast," I say and walk into the kitchen with them. I put them in their chairs at the kitchen table.

"Now. What do you want for breakfast?" I ask them.

"Cereal!" they scream.

"Cereal?! What kind of cereal?" I question.

"Cheerios," Paige says.

"Lucky charms," Simon says.

"Ok," I reply.

I take out three bowls, both kinds of cereal, and the milk.

"What are you going to have Tobias?" Simon asks.

"I'm going to have both kinds of cereal. Now, what do you want to drink?" I question.

"Chocolate milk," Simon says.

"Hmm. Orange juice," Paige answers.

"Ok," I say.

I pour some lucky charms in one bowl, Cheerios in another, and a mixture of both in the last bowl. I pour the milk in each bowl. I take out two glasses and a mug. I start to fix some coffee for me and pour orange juice in a glass for Paige. I pour regular milk in a glass and mix it with chocolate syrup. I give Paige her Cheerios and orange juice, and I give Simon his lucky charms and chocolate milk.

"Can I have a bendy straw?" Paige asks.

"Can I have a swirly straw?" Simon asks.

"Of course," I answer. I put a bendy straw in Paige's glass and a swirly straw in Simon's glass.