one

Depressed. Imperfect. Lonely. Those words surrounded me like a puddle. A puddle that would never dry up. I hated it.

Dark. Cold. Silent. Those words described the sleepless nights I had always experienced.

During those nights, I would find myself escaping through my bedroom window and wander into dark narrow allies. I could not care less if I got lost. If I did- well then... that's good.

I would lean against the walls of the narrow ally and light a cigarette. I would inhale and let the cloud of smoke fill my head. I would slowly let it burn away my bitter thoughts.

And maybe... It could burn away my feelings as well.

I did not want to care anymore. I was sick and tired of it. I wanted to be free. Free from the superficial world. I wanted to be able to stop myself from constantly wanting to please others. I wanted to be a real person, with real friends, not just plastic me and some real but sour feelings.

But those are just wants. And those wants are more than what I could afford. No matter how much I wished and prayed for an angel- or at least a good person to save me from my miserable self, it could never be granted.

That was what I thought until you find me smoking while lying on the ground in a puddle, in the middle of the narrow ally during the deep dark night.