Amusement Park

~~~~ Jadeite ~~~~

I lie quietly on the bed, as the moon rays shine through the light fabric of the curtain. Rolling over onto my stomach, I glance over at Nite, who has one arm dangling off the couch and the blanket resting just beneath his shoulders. Quietly slipping out of the bed, I raise the blanket back over his shoulders, and turn to leave before I feel something grab my hand. 

"Can't sleep?" A familiar voice mutters, and I look back as Nite slowly opens one eye with a small grin. 

"Yeah, I guess so." I reply softly. 

He chuckles lightly. "Me neither." 

"Liar. I heard you snoring before." 

"No, that wasn't me. It was the...chair?" He jokes, pointing towards the wooden chair resting in the corner. 

I play along with him. "Of course it was. I mean, why would you fall asleep? You're obviously so awake right now." I tease, taking a seat next to him as he sat upright. 

Nephrite opens both his eyes, and pulls my hand towards his chest. "I'm awake now, because my heart flutters whenever I'm with you."

"Stop being such a flirt." I groan, and he laughs before flopping back down. "If you used those pick-up lines on a random stranger, they'll definitely run away."

He grins mischievously. "Want to bet?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Are you serious?"

My friend nods, and I roll my eyes at his childishness before replying. "Fine, but now you need to sleep. I'm not in the mood to continue your game anymore right now."

He huffs in annoyance, but rolls over to one side, his back facing me. 

"Huh, are you mad Nite?" I ask teasingly, shaking his shoulders. "I'm sorry."

Nephrite looks at me once with a pout before turning back. 

"Haha, I'm sorry."

No reply. 

"Fine, I did have something to do tomorrow." I say slyly. "Maybe I won't go to the Amusement Park tomorrow..."

"NO! YOU ARE COMING!" Nephrite demands, flipping the blanket over and facing me with wide eyes. 

"Alright, I'm glad you forgive me!" I cheer, skipping over to my bed. 

I hear mumbles from the couch, probably Nephrite cursing under his breath. Giggling, I lay my head against the pillow and close my eyes, dreaming of tomorrow.

-----

"Jade, wake up!" A voice murmurs softly beside my ear. Someone is definitely trying to shake me awake.

"What time is it?" I moan, lazily reaching for my PokeGear. "If it's early I'm going back to sleep..."

"No it's not. It's really late right now. We need to prepare for the walk on route 502."

I peek at the time. "8:00am?" I screech, throwing the object at his head. "That's so early..." I  bury my face into the pillow again. 

"Come on. I went back to sleep yesterday, so now you need to keep your bargain."

I reluctantly drag myself to the bathroom, brushing my teeth with half-opened eyes. Finally realizing where I am and what I'm doing, I place all the hygienic objects into the bag before heading back into the bedroom. 

Nite sits on the edge of the bed, smirking at me with a glint of mischievous in his eyes. "That took a while."

"Like you have room to say anything. At least I don't spend 10 minutes staring at myself in the mirror early in the morning talking to myself about what I need to do today." I grin, leaning against the door.