Chapter Eight

Weeks had past and I still have barely left my room. I kept large amounts of food in here so I didn't have to go outside. Every time I pass my living room, all I can think of is that night. It pained me to think that I still haven't answered either of them, but I honestly didn't know what to do.

After all that time to think, I still didn't know what to do or who to choose. Still clueless as ever, I decided to call my best friend. He always helped me in my time of need, and he would almost certainly have the best advice for me again today.

*******

He picked up on the first ring. How typical of him, always on his phone.

"Hey Y/N!!"

"Hey Yami," I said back, not nearly matching in intensity. He could sense the sadness in my voice and immediately became concerned.

"What's the matter Y/N/N? Is everything okay? Do I need to murder someone?"

That last part made me giggle a bit, though I didn't feel much better. I could still feel tears welling up in my eyes as I explained my situation to him. I had to stop every few minutes to sob, but he was there for me the entire time.

"Well, my advice won't help much this time, Y/N/N. I haven't exactly been in this situation before. The only thing I'm going to say is to go with whoever you can't live without. That's going to be the one who you have the deepest connection to, and that's who you'll probably have the happiest and most promising relationship with. Also, if you didn't fall for them simultaneously, then go with whoever you started liking second. If you really liked the first one, you wouldn't've started to like the second one in the first place. Oh, and be careful with guys. We can be real douchebags sometimes. Okay, maybe a lot of the time, but still. Make sure he has good intentions and is capable of treating you right. Don't settle for less than what you deserve, and you deserve perfection. And remember, you don't have to give them an answer right away. Maybe just say you want to be friends for now, until it's clear who you want to be with. You can only choose them so many times before the meaning and value of the whole situation changes. You got this, Y/N. I know you know deep down who truly loves you."

Tears started welling up in my eyes again, but for a different reason.

"Thank you so much, Yami. That actually really helped, and I think I know what I'm going to do. I knew I could always count on you."

He replied with a soft chuckle. "Of course, Y/N, it's no trouble at all. Feel free to come to me at anytime, no matter what's going on. Now go knock em dead, you got some guys who are head over heels in love with you to deal with."

I said yes and wished him luck with his life before grabbing my essentials and running out the door. I hastily climbed into the drivers seat and the engine roared to life. After all this time, I finally knew who to choose.