Chapter Two: Truth Sap Part 1

Bill's POV:

I sat at the kitchen table, kicking my feet back and forth as I waited for Shooting Star to make me pancakes. Who knew that human food tasted sooooo good? Shooting Star and Pine Tree entered a few moments later and they got to work making the pancakes. Pine Tree got out the ingredients and Shooting Star mixed them together before throwing them in the pan. I watched intently as she added a bunch of chocolate chips into the mix. I wondered how that would taste.

"Hey Spence," Stan called, walking into the room and breaking my daydreaming.

"Yes, boss?" I asked, turning to face him.

"When you kids are done with breakfast I had some shelves that I wanted you to stock full of scams-I mean artifacts!" He quickly corrected himself. I nodded.

"Alright. You got it, boss!" I exclaimed with a grin. Stan left the room and I turned my attention back to the twins.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you were working for Stan." Pine Tree frowned.

"Don't worry! We can still go mystery hunting! It won't take long the stock the shelves with scams." I replied with a grin. Pine Tree smiled and Shooting Star slammed a stack of pancakes down onto the table in front of me. I poured some syrup on them and dug in. "Man! These taste even better than the ones you made yesterday!" I exclaimed, amazed at Shooting Star's cooking talents.

"Thanks." She replied, her face getting a little red. Huh? Why did her face get red? Must be a human thing.

After stocking the shack's shelves with scams I looked around for the twins. I saw them and was about to call out their names when I bumped into Red.

"Oh, hey! How's your first day of work in the shack?" She asked.

"Easier than I expected!" I replied, trying to keep an eye on the twins as they began to walk away. I was hoping Red wouldn't continue the conversation.

"Yeah, this job's pretty easy, isn't it?" She asked. I nodded, hoping to speed things along. "So how's Stan been treating you?" She continued.

"Oh he's a pretty nice guy. At first I thought he wasn't going to let me stay here and now I'm rooming with Dipper and stocking shelves with scams. Funny how fast things go, huh?" I answered. I glanced behind Red but I didn't see the twins. "Hey, not to change the topic or anything, but have you seen Dipper and Mabel? I was supposed to meet up with them. We were going to go mystery hunting when I finished stocking."

"Oh! I think I saw them over there. Dipper's still into mysteries, huh? Some things never change. Well, I'll see you around." I turned to leave. "Hey, what was your name? I don't think I ever caught it." Red called.

"And I don't think I caught yours. My name is Spence, and yours is-" I asked, even though I already knew. Being an all-knowing Dream Demon had its advantages.

"Wendy. I guess I'll see you around then."

"Yep, see you around." I replied and ran off to find the twins.

I eventually caught up to them. They were whispering about something when I walked up. Shooting Star's face was red again. They hadn't noticed me yet.

"...........Spence.........." I heard them mention my human name but that was about it.

"Hey guys!" I called as I walked up to them. Pine Tree shifted around awkwardly a bit.

"Hey Spence!" Shooting Star shouted, waving as I walked over. "Guess what Dipper just told me!" She sang.

"No! Mabel! Don't!" Pine Tree exclaimed.