Chapter 4

Meanwhile, Fluttershy and Opalesence had arrived at the kitchen, where a sleeping dog named Winona slept on a dark red rug. She barked and growled in her sleep making Opalesence back up and hiss in anger, because she and Winona had a history of fighting each other. "Winona?" Fluttershy called out gently while walking over to her. When Winona still barked and growled in her sleep, Fluttershy shouted "Winona!" In her sleep, Winona clawed on the rug, and chewed on it. She stopped when she woke up and looked at Fluttershy. "Dreaming again." Fluttershy said as she petted Winona. "Was chasing Opal?" Winona nodded. "Catch her this time?" Fluttershy asked. Winona nodded. "That's bad." Fluttershy said gently scolding her dog. Winona looked at Fluttershy in shock while Opalesence snickered menacingly. "Suppose Adagio Dazzle and her daughters heard you upstairs? You know the orders." Fluttershy said as she walked up to a shelf, and put a teapot, and a three teacups on a tray. "So if you don't wanna lose that nice, warm bed, you better get rid of those dreams. Know how?"

Winona shook her head no, and Fluttershy said "Just learn to like cats." Winona groaned at that idea as Opalesence smirked and walked around Winona, brushing her tail against her. "No, I mean it, Winona." Fluttershy said. "Opal has her good points too. For one thing, she..." She paused for a moment. "Well, sometimes she..." She tried to say, but paused again as Opalesence slightly smirked. "Well, surely, there must be something good about her." Opalesence glared at Fluttershy as Winona bursted into laughter. Then Opalesence got an idea. She went over to Winona, and scratched her face. Winona glared at Opalesence, and growled at her. Opalesence let out a loud meow, getting Fluttershy's attention as she said "Winona!" She went over to Winona, and dragged her outside through the door as she said "Oh Winona, come on, outside." As Winona went out the door, she glared at Opalesence who just smirked, and Fluttershy said "I know that it's not that easy, but we should at least try to get along together." She looked at Opalesence, gave her a bowl of milk, and said "And that includes YOU, your majesty." She then grabbed a small bag of corn grains, and went outside while Opalesence kept glaring at her.

Fluttershy went out to her animal friends, and as she tossed the grain, she said "Breakfast time! Wake up, my little animal friends! Hurry, hurry! Come on, my little animal friends! Breakfast! Breakfast!" Bubble Berry, Spike, Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz and another breezie named Cheese Sandwich came to a window as they saw Fluttershy sprinkling the corn grains around as the animals came up to her. "Come on, my fellow breezies! It's breakfast time!" Bubble Berry said as he, Spike, Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, and Cheese Sandwich. "Breakfast? Ooooh, what are we having?" Spike said as he followed Bubble Berry. "We are having corn." Cheese Sandwich said. They reached downstairs, and went out of the mouse hole. Bubble Berry stopped as his eyes widened, and Spike, Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, and Cheese Sandwich bumped into him, and the five saw Opalesence. "Uh-oh, it's Opal! How are we gonna get out?!" Dusk Shine asked. The hid in the mouse hole, and they gathered together.

"Ok, listen. I got a plan." Bubble Berry said. "One of us will sneak out, and trick Opal to chase them to the spot near the broom, and keep her there." The others nodded in agreement. Bubble Berry turned around, and said "Wrap your tail around mine." Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, Cheese Sandwich, and Spike wrapped their tails around Bubble Berry's tail. He grabbed one of the tails, and said "Now, jump!" Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, Cheese Sandwich, and Spike then jumped. Bubble Berry pulled on the tail, and realized that he pulled his own tail, meaning that he was the one to distract Opalesence. Spike shook Bubble Berry's hoof as Dusk Shine and Rainbow Blitz looked down in sadness while Cheese Sandwich waved to Bubble Berry who waved back. Then he got the courage to step out of the hiding place. He tip-toed to where Opalesence was as Spike, Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, and Cheese Sandwich watched. Oapalesence was boredly drinking her bowl of milk. Bubble Berry hid under her arm, and motion to the other breezies that he was going to kick Opalesence's arm so her face would fall onto the bowl. Spike started to laugh, but Dusk Shine, Rainbow Blitz, and Cheese Sandwich got him to be quiet.

Bubble Berry then finally kicked Opalesence's arm sending the mean cat's face into the bowl. Bubble Berry then sucked up some of Opalesence's milk, and spitted it into her face. Opalesence then started to chase Bubble Berry until he entered the hole. The others breezies came out and went to the door to go outside. It looked like Bubble Berry's plan was working. Or perhaps not.