Alone and Afraid

Ace's Point Of View

The wind in my fur, began to sting. Sliding to a stop I began to hear voices and the sound of running paws. Lots of them. My eyes frantically began searching the area for a place to hide. MyThs only thing I saw was free grass, trees and blue sky, and a flash of gray and red? My limbs ached terribly, I wouldn't be able to keep running. But I had to, if I didn't. I shook my head as I began running closer and closer to the border. Once I reach it I'll be homefree. With one final leap I shut ny eyes and.collided into what I believe was a tree. Slowly I opened my eyes only to meet red orbs. Rogues!

The wolf's brown coat began running from me. His head went over his shoulder and back to me. Catching his eyes in mine I began running full speed in his direction. The trees and ground flew past me as my paws hammered onto the hardened ground. The wolf was slowing down, and he stood right at the edge of the pack's territory. The scent of my once upon a time pack was strong. Looking around I breathed in their scent one last time. This was it. I'll never have to see them again. Never again will my heart break at the sight of the girl I'm in love with. No more will Ryker be able to look at me, hate in his eyes. The only reason he hates me is because he knows I know about his secret. One deeper than the fact Mari's his mate. The fact on how he became a rouge in the first place. One that will always hurt him and everyone around him. He's hurting them all by being here, and if they can't see it, then it's best I leave before the punishment for Ryker comes to an abrupt standoff. Besides I know Mari would die to protect him, he's their beta. One of their sworn protectors. I just can't be there for the ending. Or could I?

Mari's Point Of View

My mind began swirling in thousands of directions all at the same time. My shoulder was losing feeling in it at an alarming pace, but I couldn't stop. Looking behind me, I caught sight of Lynn, her eyes furrowed in desperation. Quickening my pace I caught whiff of Ace's scent. Sliding to a hault, I flipped over my feet and flew across the air landing with a painful crack. Shaking my fur off I stood on all fours, Lynn slowing her pace until she stood besides me panting.

Glancing around, I began to feel my hackles rise and a low growl erupted from deep within my throat. Lynn's eyes widened as her nostrils flared, taking in an unfamiliar scent. Pressing low to the ground I began to search the air for a sign on who the wolf was. Finding nothing, I rose onto all fours my right paw aching as I tried and failed to put full weight on it. Shaking my fur out I collapsed onto my side breathing heavily. Lynn glanced down at me before sitting straight up, her ears perked upright. My eyes began to fill with tears as I played there. Pain flooded into my veins causing me to lay still. Unable to move, I glanced nervously at Lynn. Eyes wide she nodded at me. Letting my head drop to the ground I shut my eyes and fell into a restless sleep. One full of fear and pain and death.

Jumping onto my feet, Lynn shot me a worried stare. A loud howl could clearly be heard somewhere in the distance and approaching fast. Paws came crashing through the forest. The strangest part was, I couldn't smell them. My eyes closed into slits as I took a stance next to Lynn. From the brush in front of us, stepped a wolf. His cold black eyes seemed to be able to see rightight into my soul, and I don't like it. The pelt on him looked identical to mine. The only clear difference in it was the fact he was way larger then either me or Lynn.

More eyes of different shades surrounded us, leaving me and Lynn surrounded. I decided to do one of the dumbest things I could do at a time like this, I laughed. Lynn's loud growl had no effect on the male wolf in front of us, but his facial expression landed on mine. Hate and disgust were evidently shown as I continued laughing. Lynn's hind paw connected with my side and I immediately shut up.

The wolf took gentle steps closer to me. Lynn went to jump but several large wolves grabbed her and pushed her to the ground. Pushing high on my legs I shot a look around us. My eyes met with a rope and tape. Closing my eyes at the sound of bones snapping I crouched to the ground. Loud cries and whispers of pain filled my eyes as I kept my eyes closed, trying my best to block them out. Because I knew, only one kind of wolf would make those cries, an Alpha losing.

Clark's Point Of View

My paws gave out as I fell onto the ground. My head began pounding as pain crippled me. Every fiber of my being hurt worse then anything I ever felt before. Looking down I noticed my beta marking on my side was fading. The once green outline of my name in Japanese, quickly replaced with blue. Tears sprung to my eyes as pain engulfed me once more, harder and more painful them before. Sweat dripped down my face as I howled out in pain. Paw steps approached me as I began shaking violently. The comforting scents of my mate, Cassandra couldn't even eased the pain running through me.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Cassandra asked her voice cracking. Tears slipped down her face as her eyes widened in horror and pain as she spotted my marking.

"I can't do this." I spit out through clenched teeth. My body tensed as I heard the cries of the Alpha male, Carver.

"No, no this can't be happening!" Carver shouted out to no one in particular. That's when my eyes closed as the pain faded away leaving the strangest sensation in my body. My canines extended as I sank my teeth into my mates neck. Her cries of pain soon turned to pleasure as I let all ny hormones pass through her once more. I licked at the bite on her neck as she burrowed her face into my side, crying. Carver and I met eyes. This was the first time in my entire time knowing the male alpha that I seen his cry. The first time his eyes appeared absolutely broken and lost. This was it. Lynn was gone. The world felt as if it was crashing down in ruins around us. The cause of this pain, the cause of everything falling apart was all because of one. One wolf.

Authors Notes:

Lynn's dead. I am literally crying right now :'(

It seems as if Ace knows to much and he's causing everything to fall apart. What will happen to Carver now that he lost his mate? Keep reading to find out. Also, I think there will be a sequel once this story is over in a few more chapters.