Chapter Two

Suddenly, Ivan knocked the sword out of Toris's hand and pressed his own to his throat.

     "Looks like it's the end for you too," He said.

     "Toris! Catch!" Feliks called out, tossing the sword, which had landed next to him, to Toris. He caught it and before Ivan could react, Toris thrust the sword into Ivan's side. He knew it wouldn't be a lethal wound, but it would be enough to let him and Feliks escape. Ivan fell to the ground, he was in shock that Toris would do this.

     Toris quickly sheathed his sword and ran over to Feliks. He picked him up bridle style and started to run before Ivan could recover from the wound and come after them. Neither said a word, as if that if they stopped for a split second they would fall enough behind for Ivan to catch them. But Toris could feel Feliks's breathing slowly growing more shallow. He was shaking too, causing the welling worry in Toris's chest to increase by the minute.

     They stopped fleeing almost two hour later, around sunset. Toris had found a small cave in a forest. He carefully set Feliks down, who had long ago passed out from blood loss, in fact, the only time he had stopped before that was to messily bandage Feliks's wounds. Toris collapsed onto the floor of the cave, he was exhausted, sore, and worried. But, he was happy he hadn't bother to take off his bag earlier, as it had some water, food,and some other supplies.

     It was cold in the cave, so he figured he would start a fire so they wouldn't freeze to death during the night. He took off his jacket and draped it over Feliks, whose coat had been terribly torn during the battle. Then he reluctantly got up.

     "I'll be right back," He said, even though he knew Feliks couldn't hear him, before walking out to gather wood.

     Feliks woke up in a cave, at first he was scared that Toris had abandoned him and started to panic. Until he noticed that Toris's coat was draped over him. This let him calm down a bit. He sat up as a cold gust of wind blew into the cave, making him pull the jacket tight around him. He soon heard footsteps coming towards the cave and froze, fearing it would be an enemy. Then Toris walked in and Feliks relaxed

     "Hey, you're awake!" Toris said with a smile, then set down the wood he was carrying and started to arrange it in a way to start a fire.

     "Yeah..." Feliks said, shivering from the cold.

     "How are you feeling?" Toris asked, as he pulled a lighter out of his pocket, starting the fire, the sitting down next to Feliks.

     "Cold, and really sore," Feliks answered honestly, "Aren't you cold?"

     "A bit, but the fire will warm it up in here soon," Toris replied, to be honest, he was freezing, but he wouldn't admit it, "You want food or water? I have some in my bag."

     Feliks nodded, when Toris turned around and started rummaging through the bag he noticed a few lightly bloodied tears in Toris's clothes, he assumed it was from the fight with Ivan.

     "Toris, you're hurt!"

     "Hm? Oh. I'll be fine, and to be honest I'm more worried about your wounds. You took quite a beating back there," Toris commented, turning back around and handing Feliks a small cup of water and an apple. Feliks smiled and took a sip of the water. He tried to stay as still as possible, any movement would cause pain. When they were finished eating Toris sighed, then took a first aid kit out of his bag.

     "Here, I can dress your wounds better now that we're safe," He offered.

     "Only if you let me take care of yours first!" Feliks demanded, though he did want to move, it was the least he could do to thank Toris for saving him, plus he was a bit worried, "Poland rule!"