Chapter Three

When Feliks woke up he was curled up next to Toris. He smiled, feeling safe and comfortable. He stretched out, still sore from the past day's battle. This awoke Toris, who quickly moved his arms, cheeks slightly tinted pink.

"Morning," He greeted, sitting up, causing his long hair to fall in front of his face. The hair tie he had been using to tie it back had somehow snapped during the night. Feliks laughed, then dug through his pockets, he pulled out a brown hair tie and handed it to Toris.

"Here," He said with a smile. Toris took the hair tie and put his hair back into his "man" ponytail.

"I didn't know you still carried hair ties around," Toris said, remembering how Feliks used to carry around extra hair ties for him. Feliks shrugged.

"I guess old habits die hard," He yawned, sitting up.

"We should get going, I think there's a village or town somewhere around here," Toris said.

"Do we have to go just yet?" Feliks whined, "It's so early!"

Toris rolled his eyes.

"Yes. And you are the one who woke up first. Plus, I highly doubt that Ivan would let us escape this easily. We can't stay in one place for long or we'll have hell to pay," He said, getting up and gathering their small amount of supplies.

Only half an hour into their journey and the two were already what seemed hopelessly lost. They came to a path, but there was a fork in the road, but no signs. The right path led into deep forests, and the left seemed to be clear.

"I say we take the left one," Toris said, but before he started walking he noticed Feliks staring into the forests of the right path.

"No. It's the right one," Feliks replied quietly.

"No, the right one leads into forests, who knows what is in there," Toris reasoned, but Feliks shook his head.

"Just, like, trust me... We are in my land after all. I just, know it's the right path," Feliks insisted. Toris honestly didn't have any proper way to combat that so he sighed and nodded.

"Fine. But I swear to god Feliks, if you get us lost-"

"We already are lost Toris."

It had been an hour since they took the right path and there was still no sign of civilization.

"Toris, my feet hurt!" Feliks whined for the hundredth time. Tired of hearing this, Toris took his bag of his back and set it on the ground.

"Here, you can ride on my back, but you have to hold the bag," Toris sighed. Feliks happily obliged. Two hours later they exited the forest, Toris spotted a town in the distance.

"We made it!" He sighed in relief, looking back at Feliks, but he found that the blond had fallen asleep, "Feliks, wake up!"

Feliks yawned and opened his eyes, he saw Toris smiling. This in turn, made Feliks smile, then he noticed the town in the distance.

"I told you there was a town!" Feliks boasted happily, jumping off Toris's back excitedly, taking off running towards the town.

"Feliks! Wait!" Toris called, running after him.

When Feliks reached the town he was amazed to see what looked like a huge celebration. He wondered why people were celebrating in the middle of a war. Toris soon joined his staring at the celebrating town, until a little girl noticed them, she tugged at her mother's skirt.

"Mommy! Look! Soldiers!"

The mother turned around, a smile on here face as she walked over to the two.

"Hello! You two look like you've taken quite a beating, why don't you come with me. I own the local inn and you look like you need a rest," The woman said in Polish.

"That would be nice ma'am but may I ask why the town is celebrating?" Feliks replied. Meanwhile, Toris stood by, wondering what they were talking about, he could only ever understand bits and pieces of Polish.

"You must have gotten separated from your fellow soldiers! Earlier today the Russians surrendered when the Lithuanian troops turned on them! The war is over!" The women explained happily. Feliks couldn't believe it. It was finally over, and he had won. A large smile crossed his face and there were tears of joy forming in his eyes.