Chapter Four: Starting our trip and falling into a hole

I woke to the night breeze and sighed. I fell asleep when I wasn't suppose to. But luckily the sun started to rise in the East direction. Oh Irene forgive me for I have done something stupid, I thought while standing up to look around the cave. For a moment I was angry at myself for not watching out for Conner.

Speaking of, Conner is still fast asleep and I'm still with the grey backpack. Odd, I thought it would suddenly disappear like everything else that I've seen and touched that randomly appeared to help me. Keep in mind this trip started during the growing season. But it feels like I haven't gone anywhere besides travelling the woods.

It's a strange feeling but it doesn't faze me. After getting my thoughts recollected I started packing my things in the grey bag with one good strap which I'll have to fix later on. How? No clue but I'll find a way. I glanced at the sleeping kid, as angelic as he looked whilst sleeping we need to head out before it gets too dark to move anywhere. Safe to say the sunlight we have should get us to the village he spoke of before his family got murdered by Freddy The Guard or what I like to call him 'The Dingus That Almost Killed Me'.

Then I turned my head to the entrance of the cave. The snow outside was starting to thicken, great. Just my luck huh? There will no freaking way we will be able to move to much outside.

I sighed and decided we need to head out now in order to reach the village by night fall. Walking over to Conner without waking him was easy. Waking him up is a total different story. This kid is seriously dead asleep! He brings a whole new meaning to the dang saying.

"Oh good lord this is harder than actually getting a normal kid to wake up!" I cursed to myself. Though I never actually woken up a kid who was considered normal. My life hasn't been exactly normal to begin with. Or at least I think so.

I ended up leaving the kid to sleep for while as I went out in the snow to gather some materials before we leave. I took the grey broken strap backpack with me with all of my gear and such, I'm not letting a good bag go to waste.

Scavenging anything useful is my main priority as well as surviving this Winter Trials. How insane must I be to drag a kid with me? Oh hey! That rhymed! Wait, oh dear gods don't tell me I'll be like that old guy I met who rhymed with a guitar. I absolutely hate that man.

Man that was a strange day. He just kept rhyming while I had asked for directions. Eventually I ended up here and I'm satisfied that I'm far away from that dude. He's creepy and crazy. Cazy beard, hair, eyes, and all.

I peered out of the camp site I made and saw a figure in the outskirts of the cave entrance. To my utter horror it looked exactly like the man I killed. Being who I am and all I let out a loud shriek, my fear started to over whelm my thoughts. He caught my screams and looks in my direction. He smirks as if he won a game. Of course by now, since my shrieks where loud enough, Conner had woken. When he was beside me I had my blade out. Ready to take the man again but I have this good feeling he won't let me win.

"Which direction did you say we needed to go?" I asked still shaking in fear but getting a grip on my thoughts. How much am I a wimp?

"SouthWest." He whimpered when he saw what I was looking at. The one man he had witness me kill. And without a doubt he saw this very man kill his family.

"Do you have everything I didn't pack yet?" My fear was never going to subside at this point but I needed to act like I'm in control.

"Yes." He squeaked. The red glowing man, Freddy, took a few steps to advance us. Without hesitating I grabbed Conner's arm and ran for it.

Freddy laughed loudly and this was no 'I'm Happy' kind of laugh, this was 'This Hunt Will Be Fun' kind of laugh.

We ran through the woods heading in, hopefully, SouthWest with this psycho behind us. No amount of words could describe how my fear I felt, my heart pumped blood faster than it should and I felt like my life was about to leave me. And that was terrifying to say the least.

We made no stops because we knew if we did we will be killed without a second thought. Anytime Conner tripped I picked him up hurriedly and continued to run. We both want to live and sure enough we needed each other to get out of this situation. He yelled directions for me to run in while I dragged him behind me as fast as I could. To our luck the snow had worked in our favor. Well it did if I had not fallen into a hole.

"MOTHER OF IRENE!" Conner yelled when I tumbled down into the hole head first, I had let go of Conner's hand when I started to wobble and couldn't keep myself up right. I couldn't drag him down with me, but I couldn't let him face Freddy on his own. I just hoped he keeps running as fast as he could or hide.

My fall was cut short when I had hit the ground with a hard thud. The darkness soon started to surround me as the last thing I heard was.

"Fay!"