Return

"Where are we..?" I mumble as I look up, my vision returning. It was morning, so I guess we slept all night. I look around me and I see that I'm on the streets of my old town. I look to my right and see my raggedy old home.
But where's Jeff?
"OH FOR FUCKS SAKE."
There he is.
I turn to where I heard his voice, which is to my left.
"Oh for fucks sake." I gasp.

"J-Jeff-?" My eyes couldn't focus- where was Jeff? He looked at me, worried

"I'm human, (Y/N)." He whispered. And indeed he was. Jeff looked the way he did 2 years ago, before the fire, only a little bit older. Coconut brown hair, light peach skin, glowing blue eyes, he looked like a regular 15 year old. Jeff looked at me with his hypnotizing eyes.
"I'm human! This is the best thing ever!" Jeff cheered jumping up and down.
"You look like a little kid!" I laughed at his behavior. I stand on my two feet, still a little sore and embrace him with a smile.
"You still love me right?" He asks hugging back.
"Of course I do. I always will." I can feel his grip on me grow tighter. Suddenly reality sinked in.

"What are we going to do now?" I ask looking up at him. He looks at me with a worried face.
"Guess we didn't really think things through huh."
"I suppose all we can do is try to live life like normal people." I reply.
"Yeah.." He looks up at my house, and lets go of me.
"We can stay here I suppose." I suggest.
"We need to turn ourselves in (Y/N)." Jeff says.
The words I was afraid of...
I look at him for awhile before I speak, and I sigh before I give in.
"Yeah. You're right.."
"The police need to know you're okay, then just tell them you were kidnapped by someone and you don't remember much."
"But what about you? You're a wanted criminal!" I say worried.
"Jeff the Killer is a wanted criminal. Jeffery Woods isn't." He gives me a reassuring smile.
"Well.. Let's hope we can get away with it. But what do you think they'll do after they discover us? And what will you tell them! Last time you were here you were in a fire and disappeared!"
"Relax (Y/N). I'm sure they'll just send us to a foster home. I'll just say I ran away when the 'killer' set the house ablaze. And also how I recovered after the fire." I nod with understanding.

It was noon, and we decided to walk to the police station. But the nearer we grew, the more I started shaking.
"Relax babe." Jeff says gripping my hand.
"What happens if they find out we're lying!" I shiver.
"They won't. We can't allow that to happen (Y/N)."
"Alright. You're right. I need to focus!" I say with determination. Before I knew it, the station was right in front of us. We give each other a quick nod and walk inside, putting on fake worried expressions. Oh, years of theater don't fail me now. When we walk in, we see an attendant talking to a police officer.
I gasped.

"What's wrong?" Jeff says whispering.
"The day I pulled the scalpel on the kids in my classroom, and got pulled away to the cell, he was the officer my mom flirted with- in other words, not only has he seen my face- he's the one who took me to this god forsaken place!" I said trying not to yell.
"Stick with the plan, (Y/N). Don't let that distract you!" The two adults heard us and the officer came up to us. I looked down, avoiding eye contact.
"I'm officer McDaniel. What can I do for you kids." His voice was the same- no doubt it was him. The same brown hair, strong jawline and tan skin.
"Me and my friend found each other in the woods!" Jeff says with his voice growing shaky.
"What do you mean?"
"My name is Jeffery Woods- this is (Y/N) (L/N). M-my family died in a fire about two years ago- I escaped before my family's murderer killed me. I left in the woods where I ran into an abandoned house, and Ive lived there for the past two years.."
"Why didn't you come back to our town?"
"I saw my whole family murdered in front of my very own eyes. You haven't experienced what I've been through- the amount of times I've wanted to kill myself because I felt as if it was my fault! I left my family behind to die! Excuse me if I didn't want to come back to the town that reminded me of those haunting memories!" Jeff started tearing up. It didn't seem as if it was an act anymore..
"But that's when I discovered (Y/N) being held hostage.. I was hunting for food in the woods, when I came back to the place I was staying at and discovered two people have taken over it." He lied through it all perfectly. Even I believed him.
"Hmm. And what happened then?" He peered down at me. I looked up at the man. Suddenly he remembered me.
"The man who was with my mother— killed her and then kidnapped me and took me to a house in the forest.. Unfortunately I don't remember much considering how many hits to the head I took.. I was abused, rape, punished for the simplest things.." I forced my eyes to water.
"And where were you?" Another voice said. A man with blonde hair walked in the opening. He had a blonde mustache, and was bigger than normal.
"Officer Quinn." He stated and looked at Jeff to answer his question.
"(Y/N) has been gone for 3 weeks, what did you do for that while?" He asked.
"I-I ran away.. ironically, The man who killed my family was the man who held her hostage.. I could tell by the nasty sneer he had on his face. I didn't want to face my past.."
"I see. And how exactly did you two escape?" Officer McDaniel asked. Jeff failed for words.
"Jeff came back- I suppose he finally build up the courage to face what he feared most.. Then- then he attacked the man after nightfall, when he slept. He rescued me.. I owe Jeff my life.." I look at him, my eyes sparkling. I grab his hand and squeeze it. He gives me a smile.

"Hm. Well, I see you two are okay now, but we do need to know who was the man who not only killed both of your families, but kidnapped this here girl."
"He had black hair." I said panicking.
"White skin!" Jeff said.
"Red-looking eyes!" I said quickly after him. Jeff's hand was sweating.
"He wore goggles too! Big brown ones!"
"A-and he wore a black suit with a red tie!"
"Not to mention he had a purple jacket!"
It was clear we were thinking of our friends back in the underworld. Naming characteristics of each.. The men stared confused.

"Well kids, since it would appear you have no family here, we will assign you a foster home to stay in. We'll check in regularly, to make sure that vandal doesn't strike again. We'll also make a portrait of the man you described, we'll find him , don't you worry kids. In the mean time while we look for a family, come into my office." Officer McDaniel stated as he was going through a door that lead into a corridor filled with officers, evidence technicians and chiefs. His office was the first door on the left, the other officer went to talk to a Mexican-looking man who appeared to be the man in charge of this department. Me and Jeff gave each other worried looks, hoping they believed our story. He was typing stuff on his computer, making a few calls, while we sat on the opposite of his desk awkwardly. After a good 30 minutes, he turned to us.
"Alright, the Hemphills have decided to take care of you two. A nice family, they even have a son, a year younger than you, Jeff. Now, they are a religious family, do you two mind that?" Jeff snorted annoyed.
"Sorry, Jeff's just not.. A religious person."

I forgot Jeff doesn't believe in God.

"A mystical man in the clouds decides my fate and restricts me from certain actions? No thanks."
"Well I could try to find a family more suited to your.. Tastes but, that could take a few weeks-"
"No no! It's fine! Jeff can handle it." I looked over at him and gave him a look. I wanted to get out of here as quick as possible.
"H-huh? Oh yeah. I can deal." He said paying full attention again. The cop looked suspicious for a bit but smiled.
"Alright. Well, they'll be here to pick you two up shortly. We kept all your records after you two mysteriously disappeared, so they'll keep those. Other than that, you two should rest while you wait. You'll be going to Canterlot High starting tomorrow, Monday. Anyway, I need to start tracking your parents killers. Don't worry, it won't be long, we'll do all we can to catch that monster. A man who kills is no man, but a coward. Especially if he hides." I look at Jeff. He's just about had it with this cop. I place my hand on his leg, he looks at me.
"We're almost out of here, try to look at the bright side." I kiss his cheek. He nods and gives me a reassuring smile.
"And (Y/N)." I look up. The officer was talking to me.
"I feel as if you should know about something." He stood up, and was walking out the door, back facing us.

"Yes, officer?" My heart rate sped up. How did he see through our lies-
"Your friend.. Sharon.. Has mysteriously disappeared last night around sunset. Her mother reported this and I'm just curious, you two don't know anything about that do you?" My heart stopped.

Sharon's... Gone?

"N-no sir. I wasn't aware of this until you brought it to my attention." I swallowed. I could see Jeff staring at me in the corner of my eye.
"Well then. Bad luck must just follow you around like a dog on a leash, huh?"
"G-guess so, sir." I swallowed.
"Anyway, so sorry about what happened to both of your families. You didn't deserve any of this.. Well. I'm off. Wait here until the Hemphills pick you guys up."

I looked at Jeff. I was about to speak when he shushed me and pointed to his desk. There on the bulky piece of furniture- was a voice recorder. The light was on, beaming scarlet red. They were hearing us. And they sure as hell didn't trust us.