IV

Lyanna haven't recovered from the surprise that Jaime Lannister's kiss brought on her. She stood in front of the door like an idiot until Robb went inside. She quickly shook her head from the state of stupor and locked the door when her brother sat on the stool she abandoned when Jaime came. Meraxes was comfortably lying on the hearth.

"What is Jaime Lannister doing here?" Robb then asked, breaking the silence. Lyanna sat on her bed and wrap her legs on her chest. She had been avoiding Robb after accompanying Jaime to the town and it was the second time that she faced her brother. Apparently, he seemed to be angry and reeks of alcohol.

"Have you been drinking Robb?" She asked, trying to avoid his question. She toyed with the ring he gave her last night; it was now adorning her fingers. It was a simple gift but Lyanna's heart fluttered when he saw the ring; it was made of silver and shaped like a small harp. Though she told Jaime that no one ever heard her compositions except for him, Lyanna had always played some common songs sometimes and Jon, Robb and Theon would sometimes listen clapping every after performance.

"You're avoiding my question. What is he doing here Lya?" His voice almost sounded like a growl to her, Robb maybe a good guy but sometimes when he is jealous he becomes irrational and wild. Last time Theon tried to kiss her, he ended up unconscious for several days after being beaten badly by Robb. Ned and Catelyn were surprised by their son's sudden behaviour and forced him to apologize to Theon. He never told them the reason why he punched the ward; fortunately Theon said that it was just a little disagreement knowing that Lady Stark will blame her for the accident.

She sighed. There was no use stalling.

"He heard me playing the harp, he came over to check. We talk and he left." She said. Robb looked at him in question like he does not believe in the words she had said.

"I don't want you talking to him. He is dangerous. He is a Lannister Lya. A Kingslayer and a man, who knows what thoughts he has whenever he talks to you." His words sounded like a lash to her, jealous. He was jealous of Jaime Lannister and Lyanna shook her head in disbelief. It was good though, that her brother will realize that she is infatuated with another so that they could stop this stupidity. She loves him more than a brother yes but it is improper and not possible. They can't continue like this forever.

"Robb..." She said, Robb got off from the bed and stood before the door, he turned slowly to her direction.

"I love you Lya." He said before leaving the room. Lyanna sat down on her bed and began to sob. Her heart was aching, she wanted to return his love, to do what they have a year ago, young and carefree but as she grew a year older, she realized that their relationship can't happen; it was an abomination, a sin to the gods and mankind! She must stop what they have before it destroys them.

------

The following morning, Lyanna spent her time on archery; it was the only way to clear her thoughts about last night's incident. Robb. Jaime. Robb. Jaime. The two men were the subjects of her thoughts and the arrow lost its mark.

"For years I watched you with a bow and arrow, this is my first time to see you miss." Lyanna didn't need to turn to check who the owner of the voice was. She simply smirked, took another arrowhead and put it on the bow; she looked at her intruder and released her arrow. The arrow hit its mark or rather it hit the end of the arrow she had shoot earlier, it cut the previous one in half before it sank on the target. She gave a satisfying smile at the scene.

Her Uncle Elbert clapped at the performance and she gave him a small curtsy.

"Your skills are improving. How about a spar?" He asked and she gladly obliged. This was her favorite past time, sparring with her Uncle. She does not know where he learned his skills but she knew that he was a great swordsman. She even saw him beat her father and his guards several times. And to be his student was a great honor, whenever Elbert was sent for an errand by her father, she and Jon would spar and they were both formidable because of their training with the old guy that most of the time, the match would end into a draw or sometimes Jon prevails because of his manly stamina.