Chapter 18- More Trouble

RECAP-

The front door flies open bringing in a huge breeze and tons of leaves. It slams shut almost immediately and they both sit up on the cushions out of shock. Their faces quickly fade ghostly white as they notice a dark recognizable figure standing inches away.

"Benedict you're not going to believ-"

"Martin!" Benedict shouts in an overpowering surpised voice.

Martin's mouth drops.

"...Nicole? Little Nicole Miller?"

-------------------------

Benedict jumps up out of Nicole's arms and repositions his shirt. His voice cracks. "It- It's not what it looks like! I can explain!"

Martin clenches his jaw and points over at the couch. "I think it is exactly what it looks like. This is the girl you said you were seeing? How can you be this stupid Ben?!" 

Benedict combs down his ruffled hair with his fingers to hide his ashamed expression

Benedict combs down his ruffled hair with his fingers to hide his ashamed expression. Nicole can see that this situation is making him tremble. He isn't saying a word, and it's bothering Martin.

"How could you make a mistake this big?! Out of all the years I've known you, you've never done something so ridiculous!" He shouts angrily. "She's only a child!"

Nicole gets up and moves over to where Benedict is standing. She gives Martin a look of annoyance. "To be fair, I'm not a child. I'm 17, soon to be 18." She crosses her arms.

Martin rests his hands on top of his head and releases a long stressful sigh. "Have you two... you know...?"

Benedict shakes his head back and forth in a restless motion. "No. No, we have not."

It was clear from the context of his question that both of them know what he is talking about. Nicole nods her head in agreement with his statement.

Martin pinches the temple of his forehead. "This is a mess and clearly it must come to an end-"

"No," Benedict and Nicole say almost at the same time.

Martin's eyes widen. "No...?"

Benedict grips Nicole's hand tightly by his side. They look at each other sympathetically. He swallows down his fear and stands up taller with more confidence. "No. I won't let you take away the only other girl I've ever loved since Caitlyn."

Nicole slowly turns and looks up to him. "...L-Love?

He faces her with kind tender eyes. "You know that I care deeply for you. This isn't how I wanted to tell you, but it's true. I think I'm falling in love with you Nicole Miller."