Break Up

Tears streamed down Kayla's cheeks. Her boyfriend had just broke up with her.

Suddenly the door slammed open to reveal a pissed off Andrea.

"What did he do now?" she demanded, her eyes narrowing in anger.

"He broke up with me," Kayla sobbed, tears streaming down her cheeks. "His reason was, 'I'm sick and tired of you, I need more variety in my life.' That was the reason why he broke up with me, can you believe it?"

Andrea flopped down besides Kayla. "Kayla," she said quietly. "You know that I would never hurt you, right?"

"Yeah," Kayla said, a confused expression on her face as she ran a hand through her hair. "Of course I do," she said.

"I think..." Andrea whispered, her eyes closing as she took a deep breath. "I think I love you."

"What do you mean?" Kayla asked. "I love you too," she said.

"No," Andrea said, shaking her head. "I'm in love with you, Kayla."

Kayla's eyes widened as she struggled to form a coherent sentence. "No, you can't..."

"Yeah?" Andrea snapped, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Well, I actually do."

"I guess..." Kayla said softly, her eyes boring into Andrea's. "I've always had an attraction towards girls. I always brushed it off; thinking that it was normal to have feelings for your best friend or to think things like, 'She has a nice body' or 'She's so pretty.' But it isn't. I've always tried to convince myself that I wasn't attracted to you."

Andrea's cheeks tinged red. "Dammit," she muttered as she shook her head. "You're making me turn red; that has to mean something because I never blush."

Kayla smirked. "Glad I have that impact on you," she said, her lips etched into a sly smile. "Andrea, how long have you liked me for?"

"Probably since the first day I met you," she replied a smile forming on her face. "Kayla..."

"Yeah, Andy?"

"I know this is a little soon, but..." Andrea said, a sheepish look on her face. "But I was wondering..."

"What? Spit it out," Kayla exclaimed, letting out a laugh.

"Would you go on a date with me? Like, I mean if you don't want to, that's okay, but-"

"Of course I would," Kayla said, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "In fact how does tomorrow sound?"

"Okay," Andrea said, her eyes lighting up with happiness. "I'll see you then. Wait, Kayla, are you gonna be okay by yourself?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "It'll take awhile for me to heal from him... but other than that, I'm fine."

"All right," Andrea said, wrapping her arms around her briefly.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then," Kayla said, as they pulled apart.

"Yeah," Andrea agreed. "See you then, babe."