Surviving Fairytales

The Evers and Nevers went to class together this time. Evers Samantha thought. She couldn't believe her brother was there, int that castle. While she was here in a filthy castle. But at least I get to be a Never. She thought.

Surviving Fairytales was their subject. A gnome stood in front of the whole class. "you will be grouped into five groups composed of both Evers and Nevers. I'm Yuba, your Survival teacher. I will be unlocking your magic. As all of you know, you'd all have fingertip glows and I'll be using this key to unlock it." He showed a key and unlocked every student's glow. Samantha was bewildered with it. This was it, she was gonna be able to do magic.

In the clearing, Samantha saw 8 creatures with blood red numbers above them. She saw two centaurs,two gnomes,two fairies and two nymphs. She was in a centaur's group. Group 1. She saw a girl with wavy red hair and she already hated her. A boy in her group with black pushed back hair and hazel brown eyes came to her looking all smug. "I'm not an Ever." She quickly said. "I'm not interested." The boy retorted. "although my name is Axel." He added and Samantha rolled her eyes "did I ask?" She said. "Ooh feisty. What's your name?" He said and Samantha started to get annoyed "Samantha. A Never. Now scoot Everboy." She answered. "Meh you look like an Ever to me. Plus, you're feisty and sarcastic. I like that." He winked. Samantha has never been praised for her attitude. Only her looks. Although most of the time she got bullied because of being too pretty to be an Ever. But it was never a problem. "Thanks." She said through gritted teeth. "Lunch?" Axel said and Samantha arched an eyebrow "even if YOU try, we're never gonna be together you hear me? Cause you're an Ever and I'm a Never. As in NEVER talk to me again, pretty boy." She didn't mean to say pretty. She cursed in her mind. "You called me pretty. So I'm not gonna stop talking to you, EVER." She hated puns but that was a good one.

Axel has always been a heartthrob. There was no question to that. He didn't like girls chasing him around even though he liked popularity. After Yuba the gnome unlocked his fingertip glow, he tried and tried but it never really glowed "magic flows through emotions." The gnome said. Maybe I don't have lots of emotions. He thought. In group 1, there were several girls swooning over him though one was different. A black haired girl with green eyes and a beautiful face. She snarled at every boy who tried to get close to her. Including Ralph,Ivan,Charles,Chris,and Phil who were his new friends. She seemed like a challenge to him. That girl. He's been seeing her in lunch and he never had the guts to talk to her until a while ago. Samantha. What an Ever-y name. He thought.

"Our first lesson, as always; is getting to know which is Evil and which is Good. Now remember. There are five rules that separate the two." He drew out his white staff and five sentences blazed in the air

1. The Evil attack. The Good defend
2. The Evil punish. The Good forgive
3. The Evil hurt. The Good help
4. The Evil take. The Good give
5. The Evil hate. The Good love

"Learn these rules and you'll be able to tell the difference." Yuba said. "I need two volunteers from Evers and Nevers." He added. The red head named Kirsten raised her hand and a green skinned Never named Molly raised her hand too. "Okay, now; I need an Ever boy to volunteer." The gnome said. "I." His friend, Ralph steeped in and Yuba changed the two girls into unicorns. Ralph touched the head of one unicorn and then the other. "This, this one's the Evil one." He said, pointing at the second horse. Yuba changed the two girls back and Ralph was surprised that he thought Molly was an Ever and Kirsten was a Never. Axel could've sworn that he heard his sister from the next group saying "serves her right." But he waved it off.

The next few pairs were right and the last one was wrong. Heartley got Thea right for an Ever and a guy named Hestley for a Never. Thea got it right too. Apparently, Heartley figured out that Hestley was Samantha's friend. Samantha. He thought. He missed his sister. "Wanna go meet my sister?" He told Thea. "Sure. Bye Krissa!" She said as she waved at a brown haired girl with black eyes.