Chapter Eleven

Felix awoke. She was still in her dress, shoes abandoned on the floor. George's arm tightened around her waist as she nuzzled into his shoulder. During the night he had dragged a blanket over her while she slept and she was glad of it as it was not quite summer and winter was yet to leave. It was only six in the morning so she quietly slipped out of bed, changing into pyjamas and padding out of the room. Felix crept downstairs, aware that the rest of the household was fast asleep, and made herself breakfast.

"Grrgsnsm." George mumbled when she slipped back into bed beside him, tray laying next to his pillow loaded with pastries and cereal and a scolding cup of coffee. She planted a soft kiss on his cheek and dragged the blanket over the both of them this time, settling into his embrace and swiftly falling back to sleep in his arms.

"Fee?" Warm breath in her ear woke her up. This time, sunlight was streaming through the blinds and the sounds of the house awakening filled the room. George was staring down at her, slightly unbelieving smile on his face. "Isn't it me who's supposed to get you breakfast, not the other way round?" Felix laughed and rolled onto her back from her side, staring up at George and smiling.

"You've never been one for traditionalism." She smirked, pulling herself upright so that they were both sitting up in bed, staring at each other. "Besides, you've made me breakfast in bed before, it's only fair I repay the favour." George leant in and kissed her nose softly, smelling strongly of fresh coffee.

"I knew you wanted me really." He grinned, winking at her as she pulled him down with her on top of the blankets.

"You're a cocky one, aren't you." He faked being hurt and Felix nudged him with her shoulder.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm and pouted. "Do you always have to hurt me? Domestic abuse! Someone help me-" her lips pressed against his and he fell quiet, his breathing slow and startled.

"Only when you deserve it." She said fiercely. "Which is all the time." She added

"When have I ever done anything wrong?" George smirked, padding across the floor and trying to find a change of clothes.

"Well you called me heavy, you make fun of my nose when it twitches, you-"

"Lies! All lies!" He found a shirt and jeans and was about to change when Felix interrupted him.

"Do you have to change?" She frowned. "I like the tux."

"I liked the dress but you changed that pretty swiftly too." He threw the bundle of clothes at her and she ducked, shrieking.

"Don't throw stuff at me-" a pillow narrowly missed her head. "George! GEORGE!"

Someone cleared their throat at the door. "S-sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt-" a tall, awkward boy stood at the door, brown hair sweeping over his eyes as he tugged nervously on the edge of his cardigan. Seamus stood behind him and pushed him encouragingly into the room.

"Oh Neville, it's fine! Come in!" George gave Felix a look behind Neville's back but her scowl was so fierce he daren't try again. He stumbled into the room, glancing around at the mess and trying desperately to make eye contact with Felix. Yes, he had most definitely become a lot more brave, but he still couldn't handle the greatest fear of them all. Girls.

"I-I was uh... Wondering if uh... You wanted to go out with me today?" He stuttered, turning a lurid shade of red and pulling his cardigan tighter. George scowled but Neville couldn't see him in the corner of the room.

"With Seamus and George, too?" Felix asked and he frowned.

"O-oh..." He paused to think. "I guess..." And he shuffled away, muttering angrily to himself. Seamus punched his arm when he left the room,