Chapter 4

Song is Superheroes by The Script. I personally really like the lyrics a lot. Hope you like it as well!!

Sage's POV

I slam my locker shut as I get ready for first hour. There were people bustling all around me, bumping into lockers, chatting with their friends, laughing as they walked down the hall. Someone suddenly shoves me from behind and my forehead comes into contact with the cold metal of my locker.

I growled as I slowly turned to face my attacker. Hey! It was the bratty new boy! What was his name again? Xeno? Xavier? Xylophone? Well, I'll figure it out eventually. Anyway, Xylophone just stood there smirking at me with a glint in his eye. I glared at him as I shoved past him.

His arm shot out and gripped my elbow. I spun on my heels to face him, my dark hair whipping around.

"What do you want," I gritted out slowly.

"That's simple," he replied.

"Are you going to tell me or what?" I was fuming by then, but steeled my expression to neutral.

"You're smart, you should be able to figure this out yourself," he said with an almost evil smirk plastered in his face.

"Goddamnit asshole, what do you want?" I all but screamed at him.

"Now, now," he tisked, "that kind of language won't get you anywhere." Xylophone flashed another smirk and sauntered slowly to homeroom. I glowered at his back. I do not have the patience right now. I imagined drilling holes into Xylophone dude's back. Eventually I sighed and also head to the same fucking class as Xylophone.

_____________

I sat there staring at the wall. Feeling and hearing nothing. Somewhere in the back of my mind I guess I was processing the fact that I was in a classroom. But I just sat there and stared. My eyes slowly trailed down to my hands, already folding another paper crane. My head echoes with the screams and shouts from nearly eight years ago. My ears rang with the sound of gun shot sounds bouncing around in the small cramped space. I could almost feel the dagger clutched tightly to my chest.

I shake my head slightly to clear my head of the haunting memories. I just finished folding the small crane and placed it delicately on my desk.

The bell rings loudly, cutting off the teacher. I silently cheer, relieved to get out of the death trap. I leave the paper crane on my desk as I hauled my ass out of the classroom.

Someone pushes me out of the way, walking right past me.

"Hey! Watch it, bitch," I tell the person. The dude turns around and I recognize the annoying face as Xylophone dude. He rolls his eyes and says, "you were in the way."

I was getting fed up. I'm never in a good mood after class, if you couldn't tell already. "Just don't fucking push me. Your Xylophone ass is blocking my locker so move."

"What did you just call me?" His voice deeper than normal. He sounded like a dog with a wooden spoon stuck down his throat.

"I didn't know your name, so I called you a xylophone because your voice is as annoying as a xylophone."

He just growls, "it's Xander. My name is Xander."

_____________________

The rest of the day was uneventful. I got through my classes without major embarrasses, and Xander didn't bother me after the incident in the hallway.

I looked out the front doors of the school. The sky was grey and water poured from the sky. I sighed lowly to myself. Another day in the rain. And guess what? I didn't even have a fucking umbrella.

I trudged slowly out the doors. The rain pounded on my back and drenched my hair. A block later, I heard the sound of a motorcycle pull up next to me. The guy pulled off his helmet.

"Hey, Sweetcheeks, I'll give you a ride home."

I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"What are you doing?" I yelled over the sound of rain.

"Giving you a ride. Are you going to get on or what? It's pouring, you could catch a cold."

I sighed. "Fine, just this once," I walked up to his bike and swung a foot over behind him.

"Where to, Sweetcheeks?"

"Stop call me that! And to 15337 Whitefield Manor." I had told him the address to the house four down from mine. I wasn't that stupid. Xander nodded.

"You going to fall off," Xander stated.

"If you think I'm hugging you, you're the biggest dumbass I know," instead I chose to put my hands on his shoulders for stability.

The world suddenly came to life. Trees whirred past me and houses became blurs. The rain stung my face, but I welcomed it. The wind blew my hair from my face and I relished in the comfort it provided.

The motorcycle slowed to a stop. The rain had not let up, but it has slowed a bit. I hopped off the bike, splashing into a nearby puddle. I turned around to face Xander.

"Thanks for the ride."

"Anytime, Sweetcheeks."

___________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the crappy chapter. I literally threw up more times writing this than my entire life. Yea, I'm sick.

I will be setting a goal for each chapter from now on. And comment suggestions of what you want to happen in the story.

Anyway, sorry for the long wait. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Goal: 10 reads, 2 votes