thirteen

;;

My aunt hates the mall so I feel very touched that she decided to bring me here today. I hate the mall, just as much, though.

It's always so busy and there's so many people, all with better bodies and prettier faces. School is bad enough.

Our first stop is H&M. The clothing is lovely and yeah, I guess I would wear it but it's insanely expensive. Why should I have to spend $20 on one shirt?

"Te gusta está?" [Do you like this one?] My aunt asks so many times and although I nod my head a few times, she sighs and walks away. We spend $40 on just JCPenney's and Forever 21.

Her stomach growls when we're about to pass the exit and she gives me this look, which is like a meme-worthy look on her slightky wrinkled, brown skin.

I have to eat since I don't want to make it look like I'm starving myself, even though I am. Hopefully, I don't vomit like I did at Seokmin's mansion. We eat Subway and I hide my gag reflex when I smell the food.

I tell her that I'm going to Hot Topic, since I heard that they're having an anime sale, not that I watch anime all the time. I watch Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist, but that's it. Surprisingly, she's okay with me liking it.

Heavy metal music resonates throughout the room and I wince as soon as I get in. There's a few people, buying other stuff from things I never watch. I waddle over to the anime section of the store and silently screech when I see the hitai-ate, or the forehead protector.

Right when my hand grabs one, I feel another palm on mine.

I slowly turn to whoever just placed their hand on mine and wish that I hadn't when I realize who it is.

Seokmin moves his face in so close to mine that his nose almost pokes my own. "Maxima!" He screeches and brings me into a hug. How did God let this happen?

His stomach is abdomen is so flat against my face and I feel like melting into a puddle, hoping that the cashier will just mop me up.

"You like Naruto?!" He's so loud that one of the cashiers shushes him.

My face heats up and I feel sweat accumulating everywhere. Why am I so nervous?

I nod my head and finally look up at him, wanting to smile as I see his own bright one. He's the sunshine. Why should I be called...?

"You're even more amazing! How is that possible?!" He hugs me again and I can feel my knees wanting to give in, but if he tries to carry me, my weight will make him go down with me.

"I-I-I'm n-not..." He brings a finger to my lips and the tips of my ears turn hot from his touch on my mouth. Oh, my God.

He brings his face close to mine again. "Yes, you are! You are amazing! You are marvelous!" He yells and the cashier shushes him once more.

I bring up the headband and give him a small smile, before he cackles again. "Ah, let me buy them!" I want to tackle him before he grabs two of them and pays for them but I just shake me hand and tug on the end of his shirt.

"I am buying them, sunshine. I am treating you because you deserve to be!" He pretends to flip long hair away from his shoulder and hands them over to the cashier, who has a tired look on her face.

When he thanks the lady and turns to me, he giggles and tilts his head at me before asking, "Why are you pouting?"

I pause and realize that I am actually doing that. Man, I'm so embarrassing.

"Let me pay you back." I reach into my bag and he gently smacks my hand. "No, no!" He shakes his head and hips, in a very sassy way. I don't want to laugh.

"Anyway! Everyone else is here!"

Oh, heck no.

He grabs my hand and drags me out of the store, back to the food court. I see the familiar faces; colorful hair and pale skin. It makes me feel intimidated.

"Look who I found!" He squeals and raises up my hand, nearly pulling me up, too, but I'm much too heavy.

I don't seen Hansol and feel a small sigh of relief escape my lips. I smile at Seungcheol, who is standing up with an empty plate.

"Hello, Maxima." He says and bows his head at me with a cute grin. I give him a grin, too, but it's not cute.

"Ah! She smiled!" Chan exclaims and I reluctantly meet his eyes. Wow, he's really attractive. Why should he even care about my existence?

Seokmin squeezes my hand and places his forearm on my shoulder, wrapping his arm around me. I feel so tiny and squishy next to him. It's humiliating. How could I even have come out in public?

"Yah, Lee Chan! Leave her alone!" Soonyoung scolds and then turns to me with a wink.

"Hey, do you want to walk around with me?" Seokmin asks and gives me a quick squeeze. I look up at him and find that his face is directly above my head. Does my hair smell bad?

Heat spreads around my face and I feel like I'm sweating gallons.

"I-I-Iー" Before I can even answer, my aunt is walking towards us and my stomach churns, thinking about what she will do, seeing me with a dude.

Not just a dude, okay? Also, 4 other dudes. I'm kind of glad that the others didn't come. Can you imagine all 13?

Her face looks like she's about to erupt into flames, at the sight of me with all of them. I would, too.

She stops right in front of me and meets everyone's eyes. She slightly glares at Seungcheol and he hides his face sheepishly, causing Jeonghan to giggle.

My aunt states at Seokmin with this look on her face, like she's trying to tell him something with her eyes. They're dark and slightly scary, the way they just swallow up observations.

"Mija," she calls but still watches above my head. "Ya nos vamos. Despídete." [We're leaving. Say goodbye.]

I squeeze Seokmin's hand and turn around to tell him goodbye. He crouches down and smiles at me slowly, reaching up his finger to poke my cheek. "Poke." He says and smiles again.

My face is still hot and I finally decide to give him a true smile, no matter how ugly I am. He pauses and blinks numerous times. Ah, my smile is ugly.

He nervously laughs and I see that his cheeks are blossoming red. Why is he...?

Seungcheol scolds him in Korean and the boys begin to laugh at him. My aunt continues watching us and them, but when they turn their eyes on her, she manages a little smile.

"Hola." [Hello.] She stutters and Chan giggles from behind his sleeve. Seokmin stands up and ruffles my hair before handing me my hitai-ate. "You're amazing, sunshine. Never forget that."

I stand there for a little while but my aunt grabs my arm and slightly drags me away. The boys all wave at me and Seokmin is covering his face but waving with his other hand. Chan does the same and I try to wave back but I stop when he winks at me.

I got sick again as soon as we returned home that day.