Chapter 2

Autumnpaw muttered to herself as she picked the ticks off of Goldenhaze. "Done," She mumbled. She sat down in exhaustion.

Goldenhaze chuckled a little. "You better get some rest, youngin'. You look more worn out than Moonblaze after she walks to the fresh kill pile." He joked.

Moonblaze rolled her eyes and cuffed the old tom over the ear.

"Are you sure? I don't know if Serenitystar-" She was cut off.

"If she asks, I'll tell her that I told you to rest." Goldenhaze mewed.

Autumnpaw smiled. "Thanks." She padded into the apprentice den and laid down. Exhaustion flooded over her and she allowed the darkness to take her away.

Autumnpaw woke in a starry forest, illuminated by white light. A nearly transparent she-cat appeared in front of her.

"Autumnpaw." The she-cat boomed.

"W-Who are you?" Autumnpaw gasped.

The cat lifted their head stiffly. "I am Sagemoon, former medicine cat of DreamClan," The she-cat mewed.

Autumnpaw nodded in a cautious manner. "Okay...why am I here?"

Sagemoon ignored the question. "Listen closely, Autumnpaw." She mewed, her voice rang in the starry forest. "The moon of fallen leaves will crush the dreams of a Clan once bold, once strong. The shadows will illuminate the claws of a cat once owned, once loved!"

Autumnpaw was taken aback. "What?"

"The moon of fallen leaves will crush the dreams of a Clan once bold, once strong. The shadows will illuminate the claws of a cat once owned, once loved." Sagemoon repeated. "Control yourself, Autumnpaw!" She hissed before fading away.

Autumnpaw was left alone as the forest darkened. Dark figures rushed around her. Sticky blood stained her paws and shone on her claws. Screeches and helpless wails echoed in her mind.

Autumnpaw wailed with terror, her heart banged in her chest."Sagemoon!"

Autumnpaws mouth fell open when she found her self tearing through the skin and fur of a cat that was half dead. The sound and sight of flesh ripping and cats moaning in agony made her stomach turn. She crouched and vomited before jolting awake.

She woke with a start, panting.

Autumnpaw shook herself and padded out of the den,still shooken up by the dream.She decided to take a walk.

The words rang in her ears.

The moon of fallen leaves will crush the dreams of a clan once bold,once strong.The shadows will illuminate the claws of a cat once owned,once loved..

What did that mean? That was horrible!

Autumnpaw continued to run through the forest. She stopped to take a breath, completely unaware that she'd ran into EchoClan territory.

"Hey!" Lucidpool, deputy of EchoClan, growled. "Mange-pelt, get out of EchoClan territory!"

Autumnpaw shot her head up, EchoClan scent hitting her like a rock.

Shock flooded into her, but she stood her ground. "I didn't mean to. I was just out and didn't notice I'd crossed the border..."

Lucidpool hissed. "Likely! How'd you miss the scent?"

Anger burned under Autumnpaws pelt. "Maybe you didn't mark the border good enough!" She snarled.

Rage shone in Lucidpools blue eyes. "How dare you! We marked it perfectly! You're trespassing!"

"Attack her....she's challenging you!" A raspy voice demanded. It sounded completely clear, like the cat was right next to her, but no one was there.

Autumnpaw nodded and obeyed, unsheathing her claws and ramming into the deputy. Lucidpool screeched and toppled over.

Autumnpaw dug her claws into Lucidpool's soft fur and flesh. Blood spurted from the wound.

The deputy wailed and slashed her claws across Autumnpaw's face. "Get off!"

Ignoring her demand,  Autumnpaw growled and drug her claws down her muzzle, ruining Lucidpools once beautiful face.

Lucidpool hissed with anger and pain, kicking her off.

Autumnpaw landed on her back. Lucidpool stood up, fur bristling. She hissed. "Lunatic!" She smirked. "Got that right. I'm crazy and you're stupid."

Lucidpool scoffed. "Excuse me?"

Autumnpaw opened her mouth to respond, but put on a questioning expression. "Is... Is that a kit in a tree?!" She gasped.

Lucidpool spun around.

Autumnpaw smirked and leaped onto her back, grabbing her neck in her jaws and snapping it. The limp deputy fell to the ground with a look of horror plastered on her face.

"See? You're stupid. There was no kit in a tree, mouse-brain." She rolled her eyes and dragged Lucidpool's bloody body to the river as fast as she could.

She dumped the body in the raging waters, barley getting a look at it as the water dragged it quickly down stream towards the waterfall.

Autumnpaw laughed and licked the blood of her pelt and claws, making sure to roll in lavender before trotting back to camp, oddly pleased with herself.