Chapter 24: Sister

Yuushiro and Ilya fight against each other as they clash inside the Castle. Their strength is far more superior than what they used during their last battle in Misaki City. Ilya can now keep up with Yuushiro in a close combat and can release her arrows faster than what she used to. Yuushiro in the other hand also improved as he has more awareness of Ilya's movement.

"Tell me Ilya, why did you seek revenge against my mother instead of our father?" Yuushiro asked while clashing Sword-to-Bow with Ilya.

Ilya was surprised by the sudden question from Yuushiro as she back away from him. "I-It's... Lucifer... told me that my father has a mistress.... I didn't believe it at first, but soon, I found out the truth. One day my mother disappear and Lucifer told me that she is dead... but it turned out that she is alive after I killed your mother..." Ilya said while trying to avoid eye contact with Yuushiro. "My mother is Lilith Vans Frontier..."

Yuushiro's eyes widened from shock as he heard her say that her mother was Lilith. "I-It can't be... So all this time...." Yuushiro bowed his head as he hide his face. "I'll... I'll kill both of you!" Yuushiro raised his head. When Ilya saw his expression, she looked at it with guilt. Yuushiro's anger towards her and Lilith grew as he lost his self control.

"Yuushiro Otonashi, have you forgotten--" Just as before Kyoko can remind Yuushiro about the deal, she felt weak. "W-What's happening? I can't go to my Physical Form?" Kyoko suddenly lost control of her body.

"Lilith-san lied to me... No... I was the fool... I trusted her... I should have never trusted a Demon..." Yuushiro mumbles as he walk slowly to Ilya.

"I'm sorry Onii-chan.... But I will have to defeat you... My master wants you out of the picture." Ilya said as she take her aim. "kogoeshinu." Ilya release her arrow.

The arrow flew in a very high speed, but Yuushiro cut it in half in a blink of an eye. Ilya was surprised that her fastest arrow has been torn into pieces with one swing of a sword. "Baka na.... That's impossible."

Yuushiro charged as he ran towards Ilya. He swing his sword towards her as Ilya back away. "You killed my mother just because you thought your mother was dead? Don't fuck with me!" He said as he keep clashing against Ilya's bow, who she's using to block the attacks. "I cannot control my actions... could it be I'm being controlled by Yuushiro? But how?" Kyoko cannot sever the contract with Yuushiro despite breaking the promise of leaving the lust for revenge.

As Yuushiro and Ilya fight inside the Place, Misa and Arthur is fighting their way through the Guards who is trying to stop them.

"Purification!" Arthur use a holy spell that killed all the guards that were trying to attack him. "Misa let's move forward."

"Alright." Misa said. They're just few more halls away from the Throne room. "We're close, I can feel a huge amount of power nearby."

"That's good..."

"But still, I couldn't believe that you came along with us to save Yuukina." Misa said. Arthur was surprised by what she said out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean you hate Demons right?" Misa said as they fight another wave of Imperial Guards.

"You're right. However I sense a great determination inside those two. The Pope told me to follow my path, so I shall do so... Plus I have to repay Yuko for taking me in after what happen in Vatican." Arthur said as he engage the enemies in a sword fight.

 Back at Yuushiro and Ilya's battle, Ilya is starting to run out of mana as she start to get exhausted.

"Damn it! At this rate, I can't take anymore hit from him..." Ilya's attack seems futile against Yuushiro who forcefully unlock all of Death Blade's power while sacrificing his own Life Force.

As the two of them clash against one another, their fight reached its climax where Yuushiro swing his sword and shattered the Eternal Frost, Ilya's bow into pieces. "You won... Onii-chan..." Ilya said as she closed her eyes. Just before Yuushiro can deliver the killing blow, he regain conscious of himself.

"No..." Yuushiro said as he stopped his attack and stood in front of Ilya. "Killing you nor Lilith would not return my mother... I also know that my mother would never want this...."

"What are you doing? Kill me now! You wanted revenge against me right? Just don't hurt Lilith-san!" Ilya said. Her eyes started to moist.

"I was a fool... I forgot what my mother said because of the revenge that consume me..."

*Flashback*

 The night when Yuushiro's mother got killed. When Ilya and Lucifer left, Yuushiro tried to talk to his mom. "Okasa! Hang in there, Dad will come home any minute now... He can heal you." said the young Yuushiro who is crying.

"It's alright Yuushiro-kun... There is no way to save me... Just do me a favor alright?" His mother said.

"What is it?"

"Forgive your sister. She's younger than you so she doesn't have any idea what she's doing... Alright? Even if she's not your full sister, you still share the same blood that runs through your veins." His mother said in a dying voice.

"Alright I will! Just don't die. I will forgive her... So please..." Yuushiro said, but her mother already passed away.

*End of Flashback*

"That's what she said... That is why I will forgive you.... As my mother's last wish.... I will make sure to free you from Lucifer." Yuushiro said to Ilya who is sitting at the floor looking up at him.

When Ilya heard that he'll forgive her, tears dropped from her eyes. "T-That's not fair... I-I did something horrible to you... How can you forgive me...?" Ilya was crying as Yuushiro hugged her.

"I should also say sorry to you. I have been such a irresponsible older brother... I didn't saw your suffering that time we met in the City..." He said as he let go of Ilya. "Now stay here. I will come back for you."

Yuushiro stand up and went to catch up to Misa and Arthur. However Ilya pull him. "I'm coming with you. I can guide you to the throne room." She said as she stood up and wipe off some of her tears. Together with Yuushiro, the two siblings went their way to catch up with Misa and Arthur.

 Meanwhile at the throne room. Yuukina is still inside the cage as Lucifer sit in the throne alone with a few Guards with him. Yuukina is trying to break free from the chain that makes her unable to summon the Flame Sword.

"Damn it, I need to find a way to break at least one of this chain." Just as Yuukina look around the cage, she saw a small metal wire near her chain. "That's it, I can use that! But why is it here? Could it be?..." Yuukina didn't think further as she act swiftly to grab it and pick the lock. Soon the lock opened.

"Watashi wa watashinonamaeha Yuukina Astar de zandādearu to shite, anata ga watashi o teikyō suru komando to shite, andāwārudo no honō wa, watashi wa anata ni yobidashimasu. Come fort, Rin!" Yuukina immediately summoned the Flame Sword as she break open the cage with her flames.

"Looks like you manage to get out.... Now shall we have some fun?" Lucifer said who sounded like he was expecting this.

"Lucifer, as the daughter to King Zander Kojou, I will defeat you." Yuukina said as she took down the guards with her Katana. "I will stop your plans."

To be continue...