Eren x Levi // EreRi

Eren's POV~

"Levi!" I croaked out, clutching onto him as if my life depended on it. He laid beneath me, struggling to keep his eyes open. "Please stay with me, Levi. Please! I need you!"

"E-Eren," he whispered, squinting and squirming beneath me weakly. My red eyes widened at the sound of his voice, and another sob escaped from my lips.

Never had I seen Levi this weak before. He was beaten, bruised, and bloodied. It would take a miracle to survive this, and I know Levi doesn't believe in miracles. That's what scared me the most.

"Levi," I whispered, cupping his face with shaking hands. A small smile was on his face, and he leaned into my touch the best he could. "Love, please stay strong. We can get through this. Everything will be alright, okay?" I encouraged him, but my face dropped when he slightly shook his head.

"No," he said softly, furrowing his brows. "I can't, Eren."

"You're Levi Ackerman," I reminded him, leaning down and placing my forehead gently on his. "You can do anything."

"No, I can't," Levi said, breathing heavily between each word. "You can, Eren. You can do anything, without me."

"No, no, no," I mumbled, panicked. "I can't, not without you, Levi! You're my rock, I need you. I love you, baby. I love you so, so much." I whispered the last part, sniffling repeatedly as I tried to calm myself down. My body didn't stop shaking until Levi gathered the strength to place a hand on my cheek.

"I love you too, ErBear," he teased me with the nickname he knew I hated, smiling widely. I laughed half-heartedly, wanting to cry but smile at the same time. He made me so happy; I was scared he'd be taken away from me at any moment.

"You can't leave me, love," I whispered, placing kisses all over his face.

"I might have to," he replied, making me freeze up. I leaned back, looking down at him with wide eyes. "When I do-"

"You're not going to," I stated. "You won't die here, Levi. I won't let that happen."

"You can't promise me that, Eren," he said back, kissing my nose weakly. "Don't make promises you can't keep, silly little kid."

"You're the little one here," I joked, nuzzling my face against my lover's. He was too weak to even snap back at me. Instead, he just attempted to cuddle closer to my chest.

"I love you," he whispered, looking up at me with sad eyes. "More than anyone, Eren. But I want you to move on from me, when I go."

"Don't fucking say that!" I snapped, my tears falling onto his face. "I'm selfish, Levi! You're the only one I'll ever love, so I'm not gonna let anything take you away from me, no matter what."

"Don't yell," he said, and I pursed my lips. I hesitantly leant down and placed my lips softly on his. I knew he was struggling to breathe already, so I got even more concerned when he deepened the kiss.

"I'll love you to the ends of the earth, Levi Ackerman, no matter what happens tonight," I promised, breaking the kiss.

"And I'll love you, Eren Jaegar, for the rest of my life and beyond that," Levi promised in return.

Loud footsteps were heard from behind me, and I knew what was coming: the dreaded beings that had destroyed all that I loved, Titans. My 3DMG was out of gas, and I couldn't beat them. I knew I had to run.

"You have to go now," the man beneath me said, and I shook my head fiercely.

"I'm not leaving you!" I hugged him to me, tears continuing to fall down my cheeks. He bit his lip, his own tears starting to leak too. I knew I had to go, but it would be the hardest thing I'd ever have to do.

"I'll be okay, I promise," he said softly, placing a kiss to my lips. He unbuttoned his bloodied cape from around his neck, and motioned for me to take it. "Remember me."

"Always," I promised, taking the cape and taking one last look at the love of my life before sprinting away.

The thing that hurt the most was glancing back to see him devoured in front of me.