Prologue

“You tried to kill yourself. I found you.” He explains. I stare at him. I remember. The red. The stinging. The rain. The blood. All of the blood. The pills. My throat hurting but never stopping. My dad kicking me out. My mom gone. Everyone gone. “No. Please don’t cry. You’re here now and that’s all that matters. You’re here and alive.” Cole says pulling my chin up to look at him.

 “I am so sorry.” I choke out.

 “I know. But it’s ok. I got there in time. You’re here and you’re fine.” He says quickly.

 We stare at each other for several long minutes. I may not have anyone but I have him and that’s all that matters to me. He’s all I need and I’ve finally realized that. He loves me and that’s what I need in my life. I will never throw it away.

 “You know what?” I ask with a small smile.

 “What?”

 “I hate that I love you. It seems to get me into all kinds of trouble.” Cole laughs and pulls me back to him. He kisses me softly and makes sure I know how much he loves me.

 “I love you too.” He whispers.

 He is my home now. He is my everything. I don’t really know what I would do without him. He needs me just as much as I need him and that’s ok. Everything will be ok now.

 It’s all ok now.

 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person POV

Kathryn lays there in the hospital bed with her love beside her holding her hand, crying softly, as she has slipped back into unconsciousness. Cole doesn't know what he would do without Kathryn. His whole world would crumble into pieces. He spent over a year torturing her because he loved her and now he couldn't imagine living without her.

Cole lifts his head up to look at her eyes, yet they weren't open. A tear slid down his face as he kissed her hand. If I was there 30 minutes early, then I wouldn't be sitting here praying for the love of my life to awake, Cole thought. He may be right, but nothing could stop the pain of Kathryn's dad calling her a whore and throwing her out of the house. She has nobody now except Cole and the rest of the boys.

"Sir, you need to eat something." The nurse came in and told Cole. He hasn't eaten since the night Kathryn was admitted, which was 3 days ago. Cole looked at Kat then back at the nurse. "She will be okay, if she wakes up, then we will have someone notify you and your friends in the cafeteria. Cole nodded and kissed Kat's forehead before exited the room.

Cole walked slowly to the cafeteria. His face was pale, his eyes were blood shot and swollen. He didn't sleep much after the Doctor said some pills broke open and the powder entered her heart and was entering her blood stream. He said she will be okay as soon as she awakes and they get more fluids through her body, but if she doesn't things will end bad......

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cole's POV

I entered the cafeteria and immediately saw the rest of the boys. They looked stressed out and tired. Dalton saw me and I looked and him. I sighed and walked over to the counter.

"Can I get a coffee and a muffin please?" I asked. My voice was raspy and almost gone. The cashier nodded and handed me my coffee and muffin. I paid and sat down next to Dalton. He looked at me with sorrowful eyes and so did the others.

"Is she doing any better?" Will piped up. I looked up from eating and nodded. "That's good. Do they know when she will wake up?" I sighed.

"No, but if she does they will send someone to get us." After I answered everyone was silent. This is all my fault. Why am I such an ass to everyone? I am the reason she is laying in the hospital fighting for her life. As if Dana knew what I was thinking, he spoke.

"It's not your fault, Cole. It's her dad's. By the way, Gabe called the cops and they settled everything with him and he will be spending some time in jail and then rehab. Since she is 18, it's up to her now where she says." Finally that man got what he deserved. Dana was right, it wasn't my fault.

"She will stay with us. She has nowhere else to go and it's the least I can do because I treated her like shit and she is my girlfriend. I love her and you guys know this."

"I agree." Dalton said. "She is your girlfriend and she's one of our closest friends." I nodded and we were all silent again. I finished my coffee and muffin. People stared at me as I walked to the trash can. There was so much tension in the room. I shook my hair and sat back down. I checked my phone and saw my lock screen. It was a picture of Kat and me from our romantic date in my secret place. I smiled and chuckled. That day was perfect. Her eyes were sparkling and were blue as the clear shy on a beautiful spring day. Her hair was flowing as the wind blew through it. She laid in my arms, her soft skin sending chills through my body, making me feel relaxed. She was perfect. 

My smile was soon replaced with sadness as I remembered her laying there in the park. She was pale and cold. Her blood staining the hard ground where she laid. Pills scattered around her.She laid there stiff and close to death. I felt hopeless and scared as she was lifted into the ambulance, being rushed to the emergency room. I shook my head, wiped my eyes from the tears slowly wanting to pour out and put my phone away as I saw someone walking towards us. I shook Dalton who was falling asleep and showed the boys.

"Are you Mr. Pendery?" The nurse asked. I nodded curiously. "I'm here about Kathryn Anderson."

"Is she okay?! Is she wake?!" I asked hoping she was awake and doing well. I had to see her. I had to she her loving eyes and here her voice that make my melt. The nurse looked at me and the boys, then sighed.

"Well...."

This can't be good.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): CLIFF HANGER! I am so happy I'm writing again! I hope you guys will love his story as much as you loved "I Hate That I Love You"! I can't wait to update again! I will update as soon as possible! Feedback is very much appreciated!

Will Kathryn be okay? Will Cole still have the one he loves with all his heart in his life? Will Kathryn awake and continue the love rollercoaster ride with Cole or with something happen and cause them to part? 

Love you babes!!

-Kat xoxoxoxo