The Platonic Permutation Correlation

A/N: Thank you so much for all the reviews.

Disclaimer: (I.) I still don't own anything related to TBBT that is included in this fan fiction. (II.) I will still be using lines from the episode, "The Platonic Permutation" for this chapter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"So did Sheldon find anyone who can go with him to the Aquarium?" Raj asked, while browsing through the latest Spiderman comic books.

"He did. He's actually going with Amy. I think it was nice of her to accompany him," answered Leonard who was also scanning the selection.

Howard heard his friends' answer and couldn't help but make a remark, "Nice? Well, that maybe the case, but is that what Sheldon needs?"

"What do you mean?" asked Raj.

"Yeah, what's wrong with Amy going with Sheldon to the City Aquarium?" said, Leonard.

"Well, nothing really; but think about it. Amy has been going out with other people. She has started moving on. Sheldon hasn't. Do you think he'll be okay after this one 'friendly date'? If anything, this will just make him miss her more."

"You think so?" asked his best friend.

"Look, Sheldon isn't like any brokenhearted guy. He even keeps things to himself and doesn't like dealing with his feelings; but we don't need verbal confirmation to know he's not over her. He's not doing anything to start the healing process, so to speak." Finished Howard, raising his brows and looking between his two friends.

"He may have a point, dude." Raj told Leonard.

"I'm just saying, spending some time alone with Amy, on a holiday no less, won't help Sheldon get over their breakup." continued Howard.

Leonard was thoughtful. He was considering Howard's words and couldn't deny that he's making a good point. What Raj said next surprised him, though.

"If he's like any other man, he wouldn't have sent Vanessa away like he did. For a man on the prowl as he claimed he was that day, he sure shut the lid on that idea fast."

"Yeah, poor Vanessa," added Howard.

"Wait, wait; Vanessa?" asked Leonard.

"Yeah, man. Sheldon asked us to help him find another potential girlfriend for him. We posted this scavenger hunt ad on Craigslist that apparently got this girl's attention. She showed up at your apartment but Sheldon sent her away because she missed his deadline of 10 PM," answered Raj, giving him short version of the story.

"Mind you, she was hot, for someone who was into nerd stuff," added Howard, who now had a playful smirk on his face.

"Howard, you're married," said Raj, who was looking at his friend with a frown.

"What? I was just stating a fact."

Neither of them noticed how deep in thoughts, Leonard was. So that's how he met the girl, he thought. What was Sheldon doing then, picking up things from her and hanging out if he rejected her, like what his friends said? It didn't make sense. Before he could stop it, he voiced out one of the questions in his head. "Why did he go to her house that Saturday, then?"

"Who went to whose house?" asked Howard.

Leonard didn't know if he should share this information, but given that his two friends were practically the reason why Sheldon met Vanessa, he decided to let them know of what little he knew about the girl. "Well, remember that one Saturday, when Sheldon went missing?" The two men just nodded, urging him to continue, " When I asked him that evening where he went, he just said he went to a 'friends' house. The Monday, following that weekend, we actually had to stop by this Vanessa's apartment because Sheldon was picking up something from her."