The Looking Glass Obnubilation

A/N: I apologize for the delay; anyway, in this chapter, I will be introducing my version of Vanessa Bennett. This will help me with how I'll end things with her and Sheldon. Read on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanessa woke up, earlier than she intended, considering how late she turned after last night's celebration. The smell of pancakes and bacon wafted up to her room and she smiled. She cleaned up quickly and made her way downstairs to help her mom, prepare breakfast. When she got to the kitchen, her mother was almost done with the spread she made for that morning. It has been a while since the family of four ate breakfast together.

"Morning, mom!" She greeted. It was reciprocated with a warm smile and a small hug from her mother.

"You're up early. I was thinking whether or not I should wake you up," her mother said.

"And miss breakfast with you and Pop? You're hilarious mom!" She quipped, feigning shock.

"We miss you, kid," came from a voice behind the pair. Her dad walked in the kitchen, beaming and bearing those pair of eyes that projects kindness all the time. She didn't realize how much she missed those.

She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso. She was tall, but her dad was a giant. She and her brother got their height from their father. Their mother was as tall as she is, give or take an inch, so their family was pretty intimidating when they walked in public together.

Her brother arrived a few minutes later and the family shared the meal that the matriarch prepared. They spent the better half of the morning, just bonding and telling stories from the past few months while their kids have been away. Vanessa was giddy to hear all about her brother's stories from New York. Apparently, one of the screenplay he wrote got the attention of a Broadway producer. This was always how their mornings used to be, the family sharing stories about their day and sharing laughter here and there. This simple way of living in the ranch, with her parents is something that she still missed from time to time. Whenever she feels lonely in the Pasadena, she just reminds herself of why she left in the first place. But she was happy at the moment; no need to relive those memories right now. She will soak up her family's presence while she was here.

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Around 2pm, Vanessa decided to go visit the stables and feed some of the horses. She then went around to sit under a sycamore tree; a tree that has always been her go-to place when she wanted to unwind or just be alone. She sat on the scarce grass and read a book that she brought. She was reviewing for one of her graduate classes. The calming breeze, and the cool grass beneath her getting the best of her, making her doze off. She awoke after about an hour to find her brother sitting next to her.

"Hey, Vinny," she greeted, groggily.

"Hey, Vanie," he joked back, making air quotes.

"Did Pop send you here to fetch me? What time is it anyway?" she asked, straightening her blouse and sitting a little more upright.

"Nah, he didn't. I just wanted to catch up. Ya know, since we didn't have time yesterday," he said, wringing his hands a little.

"Uh-huh.. Sure," she said, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

"What? I really just want to ask how you are," he replied, defensively.

"Fine. You're lucky that I actually missed you a lot," she stated, feigning sternness and pointing a finger at him playfully.