Chapter 6

Chapter 6.

7:45pm. Saturday Night

"Stop eating all the fucking chips," Bradley snapped, smacking Dylan's hand away as he tried grabbing yet another handful of Doritos from the large bowl. Dylan groaned annoyance and raised an eyebrow at his brother, questioning him.

"Bro," he said. "Do you really think that people give a shit about the fucking chips? Nobody's gonna be eating chips."

"Wrong," Jordyn corrected, reaching to grab a handful herself. "That's so wrong. You'll be surprised how hungry a bunch of stoned and drunk kids can be." She popped a Dorito into her mouth.

I took my vibrating phone out of my pocket. I had about 15 messaged from people - a bunch of 'happy birthdays' or people asking me about my address. I replied to all of the people saying happy birthday, although most of the messages came from unknown numbers. It was 7:45, and already a few more of Aaron's friends have showed up. Most of the guys were out in the backyard setting up the huge speakers , and as I went to stand in front of the window and saw how the backyard was starting to look....I was finally processing that there is about to be a huge, huge party happening. One of Aaron's friends Wade was a DJ, and he was here setting up his equipment, too. I folded my arms over my chest as Jordyn came to stand next to me, watching the men work outside.

"Shit," she laughed. "Those are some big ass speakers."

"Cops are going to bust this party within a few hours," I muttered, shaking my head as I watched Aaron and Wade laugh and fist-pump. "There's no way my neighbours are going to put up with this."

Bradley came over to pat my back reassuringly. "Mace, do us all a favor and stop being so negative. It's gonna be fun, alright?" Jordyn smirked at me and nodded in agreement.

"Even if the cops bust it, it's whatever," Jordyn told me. "Sweetie, just take a deep breath."

I slowly inhaled, listening to my friend's advice. Jordyn chuckled.

"Now, breathe out. Nice and slow. C'mon girl," she also let out a deep breath, and I mimicked her actions, breathing in and breathing out. I'm fine. I'm great, no worries. I started nodding my head, calming down a bit and turned to look at Bradley who grinned widely at me.

"Okay," I said, and felt Dylan's gaze on me. "I'm good."

"You sure?" Dylan raised an eyebrow, grabbing another handful of chips and ignoring Bradley's glare. "You look like you're about to pass out."

"No..." I smiled, even though he was kind of right. It was still early. People won't even start showing up until at least 9:30. The earliest.

There were about 5 kegs outside near the pool, and we all managed to get a bunch of lights set up in the back to make it look cooler and to bring some colour to the scene. My brother and Julian cleaned the pool today, even though I personally found it a bit cold considering it was mid September. But I guess drunk people never get cold. Or hoes.

All of our coolers, along with ones other people brought were set up outside. Some people brought their large funnels, some people brought water guns for some reason (I'm guessing to fill them up with alcohol), people brought whatever they could. And there were only 12 of us here so far.

Zach was on the phone ordering a bunch of pizzas in the kitchen, and by the sound of his voice the poor kid looked so confused having to order like 15 pizzas. Who's idea was it to make Zach do that? I chuckled at him when I saw him facepalm.