Chapter One

Watsfield Residence, 3 PM

"Well, what are you going to do now?" Emma spoke in her microphone. "He left with it. It's gone."

Her dwarf friend-slash-guild member, photonsandquarks, grieved about the sword he lost to a trick merchant. "I can't believe I got robbed again, Emma! This is the third time this month. I should've just put all my inventory with my healer."

"It's okay, I'll try to ask the guild if we can find him. You know his username, right?" Emma asked, already typing away in the guild chat box.

PoptartSlayer has been accepted into the DeadpoolAndOthers guild.

Scoutgem97: guys we have to find photonsandquarks Sword of Erendall

Scoutgem97: lol he got hacked again

RothgardSux: lmao again??

Garrett can be such a douche, Emma thought as she smiled. Most of her guild members she knew in real life, since they were her best friends in school -like Garrett. But people like Trevor aka photonsandquarks, were strangers who they sometimes accepted into the guild.

RothgardSux: i'm on a quest rn, cnt help trevor

photonsandquarks: :(

RothgardSux: srry, man. Ask poptarts 2 help u, he's cool

PoptartSlayer: thanks dude

RothgardSux: cool, imma go quest now bye guys ttyl

Scoutgem97: uh who r u?

PoptartSlayer: I'm poptartslayer

Scoutgem97: oh ok

Scoutgem97: help us find this guy <ihopandpancakes> he stole trevors  sword

PoptartSlayer: k where r u guys

Scoutgem97: borders of elipalith forest, we'll meet u here

After Emma created a party group for them to track their locations, she tried to comfort Trevor the best way she can, but she couldn't help but not feel sad for him. Trevor was only fourteen, making him the baby of the guild, so he was a little naive for trusting a shady merchant. He was good at looting, though, which made her guild accept him in.

"Emma, where are you?" A voice shouted from outside Emma's door.

"In here," Emma spoke, covering the microphone attached to her headphones. "I'm playing AA."

The door creaked open. A girl with the same brown hair and bright green eyes stared back at Emma. "You're always playing that game."

"Because it's cool." Emma retorted, taking off her headphones. "What do you want?"

Avery, Emma's little sister, was annoying at times. "Nothing. Mom and I are stopping at Target after she picks me up from flute classes. Want anything?"

"Hm. I want some Poptarts, that's all." Emma replied.

PoptartSlayer: that's sweet of u to say, thanks

A message from PoptartSlayer came up on the monitor. Emma rolled her eyes but she managed to laugh.

"Okay, we'll be back at 7. Make sure Dad doesn't forget to pick up dinner tonight!" Avery reminded her and left the dark room.