Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to Anjalianju34 :* Thank you for inspiring me to continue writing !

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Will you turn off that annoying noise!"

" It's not noise ! It's called music ! "

" Pfft...music? You call that music? "

" Don't you dare say anything about Linkin Park !"

Aaron rolled his eyes for what seemed like the millionth time in a span of fifteen minutes. He tried to focus on his driving , ignoring the two teenagers who had been bickering constantly throughout the short ride. He watched from the corner of his eye as Eliza deliberately turned up the volume of the radio and leaned back into her seat, crossing her arms. He shook his head slightly and glanced at her fondly. As much as he hated to admit it, he knew this was the last day he would ever be near her. He glanced again at his daughter to see her looking at him with a frown etched on her face. He mentally slapped himself when he realized she must have sensed his sadness. He was used to her powers by now but it still unnerved him sometimes. He was relieved when Narsun made yet another snarky comment and momentarily distracted Eliza.

" I honestly do not understand why they're shouting so much. They should've named their band Screaming Park."

" Enough ! Both of you !" Aaron intervened when he saw Eliza turn around in her seat to retort. He immediately turned off the radio ignoring the noise of protest from her. The car was silent for about 2 minutes and he was just starting to relax when suddenly it was interrupted again.

"You still haven't told me where we are going Dad," Eliza said quietly. He gave her a side glance before concentrating on driving. He still couldn't bring himself to tell her the whole truth. Telling her would mean accepting it and he wasn't ready to do that. He subconsciously tightened his grip on the wheel. Before he could come up with a reply, Narsun beat him to it.

" I already told you, we are going to Di-"

" I wasn't talking to you ! " Eliza growled at Narsun.

" But it's the truth -"

" Liz, sweetie, I'll tell you everything as soon as we reach Long Island," Aaron cut in before they started again.

" Long Island? Why -"

" Because we can only open a portal there," Narsun interrupted again.

" Portal?", Eliza said confused. She was getting irritated by the minute not knowing what was happening and Narsun was not helping the situation either.

" Yes, to reach Dirva, we must -"

" Narsun, not now." Aaron said simply ignoring the questioning glance from Eliza. He heard Narsun sigh and lean forward before speaking, " Yes Didus, now is not the time to tell her everything. You should have told her a long time ago." His tone was light as if he was mocking him but he knew he was serious. Even though what he said was true, he chose to ignore him. Narsun, getting the message, sighed and leaned back into his seat again before staring out his window. Eliza looked at Narsun once before staring at her father. He always calls him Didus, she couldn't help but think. What was more baffling to her was that he never once bothered to correct him.

" Dad - ", Eliza started but stopped when she heard her phone beep signalling that she got a text. She knew before even checking her phone that it was from Diana. She smiled as she read the message her best friend sent her.

' Unless you went on a date with a cute guy, you will not be forgiven for ditching me'

Eliza was just about to reply when her father asked in a stern voice, " Who is that Liz?"