Meeting my brother

I hadn't ever seen my brother my dad had only told me about him but, now that my dad is gone I'm staying with the mother I never knew I had. My mom decided it was time we met each other. So we drove out there to the ranch he works at. When I finally arrived I saw him. His name is Ty. I had only ever seen pictures of him. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms saying his name. He had no clue who I was. He looked at our mom and she told him. He just stared at this girl he was standing near.

He introduced me to the girl. Her name is Amy and she is technically my sister because Ty is married to her. Ty talked to my mom while Amy showed me around the place. When we came out of the barn I saw Ty holding my stuff and our mom driving away. Amy went and talked to Ty. He said I'm staying with him until further notice. I was then introduced to everyone else. That night I sat with Amy and we talked. "You know I always dreamed about meeting my brother about coming and staying with him" I said. Amy asked why I was with my mom and when i told her I had been staying with my moms friend because I was "too much work" I started crying thinking about it. She looked concerned and hugged me. I asked if I could start riding tomorrow and she said yes.

In the morning, Amy let me choose a horse from the field I chose a tan and white paint with a black mane and tail. Amy decided she wasn't a good choice because she was recently dropped off and was easily spooked. I finally said "ok then, I'll ride this one" then pointed to a Chesnut. We went on a trail ride and fed the horses when we got back. After lunch Ty came and talked to me about why mom hadn't told him and why mom didn't want me anymore and why I was there. He didn't seem to like me being there. Which didn't make me feel great. Thankfully on the ranch there was a girl a year older than me. Her name was Georgie and I spent most of my time with her.

The fourth night I was there I snuck out of the house and went into the round pen where the buckskin paint was. I went in and I lunged her using a technique Amy showed me. Lou (Amy's sister) ran out saying my name and that made the horse wild she charged me and stopped just in front of me. "Easy girl" I said stroking her neck. Lou stood in astonishment and scolded me for being outside. When Lou brought me back inside Amy asked what I was doing and why I did it and how I got her to calm down. "I haven't been able to get a halter on that horse, how did you pet her?" Amy asked amazed. "I don't know, I just did." I replied. "Well don't sneak out anymore and we'll see what you can do tomorrow." Amy said.