Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON POV

Running about the train station at nine-and-three-quarters was a gifted young witch and her little brother, Ryan. Only two years younger than his older sister, he stayed close to his role model who, in turn, stayed close to her mother.

"Rissa!" A nearby voice cried out. The girl in question turned around several times before she spotted Amelia Julis, her neighbor. She waved furiously, and her friend ran over to her, knocking over another person's books in the process with a mumbled "sorry."

"Hey Amelia!" Larissa greeted her.

"Have you heard?" Amelia panted, stooping over to catch her breath. "Have you heard?"

"Heard what?" Larissa questioned, knowing full well that it would come out anyways.

"Harry Potter is here!" Amelia exclaimed, jumping in excitement and bumping into her parents behind her. "Oh, sorry mum."

"Harry Potter?" Ryan repeated, his mouth wide open. "As in, the Harry Potter who defeated Voldemort?"

"I saw the scar and everything." Amelia assured him. "Last I saw him, he was boarding the train."

"I'm going to school with Harry Potter!' Larissa realized with a start, a grin spreading across her face. "We might be in the same house, taking all the same classes..."

"You won't be doing anything unless you get on that train this instant." Larissa's mother humphed. "Go on, now. Where's the cat?"

"Tonnie's right here on the cart, mum."

"Mummy, can't I go to Hogwarts with Larissa?"

"Two years, Ryan."

"THERE HE IS!" Amelia shrieked, pointing to a window on the train. There indeed was a black haired boy with cracked glasses, and - barely visible - a lightning scar on his forehead.

Larissa's eyes widened as she spotted him, right before he pulled out of the window. Waving frantically to her parents, and giving Ryan a huge hug, she ran towards the train, leaving her luggage with a red-haired man with a nametag "prefect" as they burst into the crowded train.

Suddenly shy, Larissa and Amelia hung back a bit, not willing to go and socialize.

"Look at how big it all is," Amelia whispered to Larissa. "Are all the students on this train?"

"I suppose so." Larissa whispered back. "Hey, where's your owl?"

Amelia held up her cage, showing Larissa the tawny-feathered owl, who ruffled up at the sight of the cat. "Tonnie, meet Robin Hood."

Neither animal seemed too pleased to meet each other. Robin Hood seemed quite happy to stay in his cage, and Tonnie half-opened her eyes to glare at him for a moment before closing them again.

Someone bumped into Larissa from behind. "Oi, watch it." She snapped, turning around to face a pudgy boy with downcast eyes.

"Sorry... hey, Trevor!" He called desperately. Larissa looked around for a boy named Trevor when she heard a hiss and looked down at her cat in her arms, who was hissing at something on the boy. Larissa followed her gaze and was affronted by a bulgy, disgusting toad.

"You - whatever your name is - you have a bloody toad?" She spluttered, my eyes shifting from the boy to the revolting creature in his hands.

"Neville Longbottom." The boy muttered. "His name is Trevor, my Great Uncle Algie got him for me."

"Come on, students, out of the way." Said the red-haired boy Larissa had left her luggage with, stepping smartly into the train and closing the door behind him. "The train will be starting soon anyhow, and it's hard to get a good compartment."