Chapter 3

FIRST PERSON POV (LARISSA)

"Why is everyone staring at Harry?" Amelia asked.

I looked at her in shock. "You've got to be joking." I told my best friend. "He's Harry freaking Potter!"

"I know who he is." Amelia shrugged. "He defeated Voldemort when he was what, 2? So what? He's just a kid. I honestly don't know all the big fuss."

"Don't you know the story of You-know-who?" I whispered, just to check that we were on the same page.

"No, I don't know who." Amelia retorted. "All I do know is that Harry looks hella uncomfortable."

"We've got Potions with him on Friday." I noted, glancing at the schedule. "How interesting."

"Ugh." Amelia groaned. "If he makes one remark about how famous he is, Harry will be in the Hospital wing tonight."

I decided not to comment, knowing that this wasn't an idle threat. Amelia was a rather violent person.

"What do we have first, anyways?" Amelia asked, stuffing a blueberry muffin into her mouth with satisfying chews. "What class, I mean."

"We have Transfiguration." I told her. "What about you?" I asked, turning to Terence.

"Our first class?" Terence asked. "Care of Magical Creatures, taught by a Mr. Silvanus Kettleburn."

"Terence here has a photographic memory." Adrian informed us. "People, words, speech, everything except actual hard art. It's bloody disgusting."

"It's genetic." Terence reasoned. "My grandmother Higgs had it. It's obvious the Longbottom doesn't have it, though."

"Very true." Adrian snorted.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Longbottom who?"

"Neville Longbottom - I hear he got Sorted into Gryffindor this year." Adrian replied. "He has a memory that rivals that of Amelia."

"Don't judge." I laughed. "Amelia may not have the best of memories, but she can hold a grudge and a crush for longer than you're alive."

"Shut up." Amelia warned, her eyes drifting over to the Gryffindor table for what seemed the millionth time this morning. Being the wonderful friend I am, I decided to tease her.

"See someone you like?" I asked slyly.

"I thought I told you to shut up." Was her reply. "And no, quite the opposite. Look... over there. The Weasley twins."

I followed her gaze and discovered the red-haired twins from yesterday, who had been singing to funeral march. "What about them?"

"They're insane." Adrian said bitterly, eavesdropping. "They were with Lee Jordan on the train, remember?"

"You mean, with his famous tarantula?" Amelia reined her head back, wrinkling her nose. "Ugh. Anyway, I've heard stories about them. They're famous for their pranks. We have to watch out for them."

"Amelia is also very committed." Terence observed.

She flashed him the smile of a troublemaker. "Amelia also likes to sign poor, unsuspecting Slytherins up for things." She said very sweetly.

"Oh dear." I muttered, laying my fork down. "It's begun. Terence, start praying."

"Why?" He asked, puzzled.

"Because you've just been signed up for something."

--

It was very clear what Amelia had signed Terence up for by that Wednesday when his plate exploded at dinnertime.