•five•

Haley

"You didn't tell me it was freaking Luke
Hemmings you were going on a date with." Noelle says as she freaks out fangirling.

"Noelle, you came with me," I point out.

Noelle throws her arms up in the air. "Well it's not my fault that there's other fish in the sea that I caught first," Noelle tries to defend herself.

"Yeah, okay," I reply. "But like, do you think those pictures the paparazzi took of me and Luke are gonna get out? Because people might think we're dating, and we aren't. I don't need an army of fangirls targeting me."

Noelle gets up from her bed and walks over to the window, where I'm standing. "I dunno," she answers. "But I mean you're not an Internet influencer with a trust fund like his last girlfriend, so I think you'll be okay."

Confused by her last statement but not wanting to get into a conversation about his exes, I try and tune that out.

"I'm gonna go get some food from downstairs," Noelle tells me. She leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

My hand reaches out for my phone. My thumb pressed the home button and the screen turns on. I sigh dramatically at what I see.

No notifications.

Now, that's nothing new. I'm not a very social person. The stress of having so many people that need to like me and having to make sure they're okay and be in constant contact with them... That's just too much for me. I'll settle for just Noelle.

But that's not what's getting under my skin.

Luke hasn't texted me.

Oh gosh I'm turning into one of those clingy girlfriends, aren't I?

Girlfriend? No... No, he's a just a friend. Luke's just new friend who happens to be a boy... and handsome... and apparently a heartthrob of a famous band.

Anyway, he seemed to like talking to me the past couple days. I like talking to him. He would've texted me by now... Right?

A hard object hits my head, breaking my from my thoughts.

Noelle walks in back in with a bag of chips and a soda in her hand.

She winces, stifling a laugh at the same time. "Sorry!" She apologizes, I assume for hitting me into the head.

I look around the bed and see a soda. I'm guessing that's what hit me. I didn't realize Coke cans hurt so much...

I reach for it.

"Noelle... you have experience with men..." I begin.

Noelle sits down next to me cross cross applesauce. Her eyes get big and she gives a laugh. "I have many experiences with men," she answers, popping a chip into her mouth.

I talk louder over the crunch sound from her chewing. "So, how long should you wait for a guy to text you back?" I ask. "Or what if he doesn't even text you back..."

Noelle looks up at the ceiling, seemingly thinking about her answer. "Well..." she starts, lowering her gaze to me. "If you did the dirty..." Noelle cuts herself off and gasps dramatically. She leans forward. "Did you have-"

I don't even let her finish, interjecting with a big NO.

"No!" I exclaim. "Absolutely not. Do you honestly think I would do that?"

"Not usually, but this is Luke Hemmings we are talking about here," Noelle stresses. " Luke Hemmings, lead singer of 5 Seconds of Summer, SUPER attractive, voice and face of an angel... Getting the picture?"

I sigh, annoyed. "Noelle, he isn't Luke Hemmings. He's just Luke. I could care less that he's famous or in a band. It's his job, we all have them. Luke is just a normal person like me, I wish you'd start treating him like one."

I feel as if I'm talking to myself as I say this. Honestly, I couldn't care more that he's famous. I don't know where all of this is going. If things get serious, I don't need a bunch of hate messages from overprotective fangirls.

My phone buzzes.

My hand moves like lighting and grabs my phone.

A rush of excitement washes over me.

Luke

hey, i've been writing today with the band but i'm on a break... wanna head over here?

My fingers type faster than I ever have.

Me

Yeah, sounds good! :) where are you?

Luke

I'm at mine; I'll send u the address in a sec. u cool to come then?

Me

Yeah:) c u soon

I put my phone down on the bed, and look at Noelle with a big smile.

She rolls her eyes. "Why do good things always happen to you," she remarks.

"Um, this coming from the person who has a multimillion dollar house, drives a Porsche, and is with a new boy almost every two weeks," I point out, standing up from my bed.

Noelle exhales heavily. "Whatever. Go see your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaim.

I reach into the floor and grab a leather jacket, pulling it on me.

My feet take me to Noelle's room doorway. "See ya," I say.

My hand grasps the door handle and as I pull it shut, I hear Noelle say one last thing.

"Bye, use protection!"

-end of chapter five-

okay guys this was totally a filler chapter I'm so sorry. I WILL TRY AND UPDATE MORE I PROMISE! I'll probably end up writing a bunch of chapters for a while and then actually publishing them one at a time like once a week after I've finished a bunch:p 

If you're enjoying this book, share it , it'd mean the world:)

LOVE YALL❤️