Prologue

This is the second book in the Kings series. It is now published, and you can purchase it here: https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Warlocks-Nemesis-Alena-ebook/dp/B074Y2NM7J
TY <3 

These are only sample chapters

***********************************************************************

What are you doing here?" she asked. "You are not supposed to be here; you know that. You need to leave before they find you here." Her tone hinted at frustration and deep regret. She looked tired, worn out, and almost desperate in her plea.

"I've come here to see you. You know that. We always had a different relationship. I could always relate to you more than the others."

"What do you want?" she sighed, indecisive with what to do with his presence.

"I've come to warn you."

"Warn me about?" Her eyes searched around automatically for imminent danger.

"About what's coming. There will be many sacrifices, all for a good cause. You'll grieve, you'll hurt. And, I regret that."

"What are you talking about?" she asked, now panicked.

"You'll see... I just wanted to give you a fair warning. Now, I have to leave. I'm sorry, but it had to be done, it has to be done. You'll understand it soon enough."

"Please, tell me," she begged, taking his threat extremely seriously.

He smiled bitterly. "I can't. But, you'll see it all in the next few days. It all begins today," he said and then left as if he was never in the room as if all of this was an illusion, a figment of her wild imagination. But, she knew better than that. He'd never lied to her; he would not start now.