Hill of Sorrow

Disclaimer: I unfortunately don't own Bleach or its characters 😔, but you never know what'll happen!

---------------------------------------------

The first two days of the trip went smoothly, with fun activities such as hiking, roasting marshmallows, and singing campfire songs. It was the last night of the trip when two young teens couldn't sleep.

In the beginning, Ichigo was dreaming about his life if it were normal, but in a flash it changed to the desolate scenery of Hueco Mundo. There was someone in front of him and to the side stood Orihime. Before Ichigo could move a muscle the man that was in front of him knocked Orihime away and ran at him. He went to grab Zangetsu from its normal place on his back, however, Zangetsu wasn't there. The large sword lay close to where Orihime had crashed.

The man, who was now in front of him, grabbed his hands and legs with what seemed like tentacles. A shout came from the left, Ichigo turned his head to see Orihime running towards him with Zangetsu. The man in front of him suddenly ran him through with another tentacle. Orihime had not reached him in time, her eyes showed her every emotion. Fear, shock, sorrow, and many, many other emotions ran across her eyes.

"Orihime," Ichigo's sudden words shocked her, "I'm sorry."

"No this isn't over yet!" She interrupted.

"Goodbye." He finished and slowly slipped from consciousness into oblivion. His last memory was Orihime's cries of sorrow before she was dragged back to the world of the living through a Garganta.

Ichigo burst up from his sleeping bag, breathing heavily and covered in cold sweat. The dream he just had had a strange sense of foreboding. He got out of the sleeping bag, put on his shoes, and walked out of the tent. In the center clearing someone had already restarted the fire. When he looked around the last tent the most unexpected person was sitting on log that was placed by the fire earlier that week.

"Orihime? What are you doing up? It's like two in the morning!" Ichigo exclaimed.

"Ichigo! You startled me!"Orihime yelped in surprise.

"Sorry," Ichigo said more quietly. "Why are you up so early?"

"A bad dream," Orihime replied simply, but upon taking notice to Ichigo's meaningful look she waved it off, "It was just a couple of evil penguins trying to destroy Karakura Town and we weren't there to save it."

"What was it really about, Orihime?" Ichigo insisted further.

She looked away from him as she began retelling the horrible, her eyes glistened with tears upon remembering it. "Well you were fighting some hollow and he knocked Zangetsu away from you, then caught you with these tentacle thingys and knocked me away, then I tried to bring Zangetsu to you, but he ran you through with another tentacle thing, and then you said ever so softly-" But her rambling was cut off. "I'm sorry, goodbye." Ichigo finished.

"Exactly, but how did you know?" Orihime asked.

"I had the same dream," He answered quietly.

"That's strange, but I've heard of it happening before in those cool sci-fi movies. Still it is a little odd." She wondered aloud.

Orihime turned her head to look up at Ichigo. What she saw startled her, there was a golden glint in his eyes and a sliver of his hollow mask forming. Orihime reached her hand up and cautiously placed it on his cheek and asked, "Ichigo are you alright?" In an ever so sweet and concerned voice.

"Sorry, my hollow has been a little unstable lately. I should have told someone earlier, but I didn't want to worry anyone." Ichigo replied, the hollow's effects disappearing.

"It's okay we all have to deal with inner demons from time to time." Orihime said unusually insightfully.

"We should go back to sleep. We're going swimming at nearby lake tomorrow, well today, remember?" Ichigo added soon after.

Orihime stood up and said goodnight and walked back to her tent. 'A little unstable is an understatement, my King. Careful what you do, you never know when I might bite!' A metallic laugh sounded through the back of Ichigo's mind as the hollow quit speaking.

---------------------------------------------

And the end of chapter 2! Don't forget to comment, and suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome, just don't me mean! Hope you enjoyed!