Chapter 10

Suga's POV

"I love you, too, Koushi," Daichi smiled and hugged me tighter. Who knew that those 5 words could make me feel this happy. Not having to hide my feelings, my true feelings from Daichi was such a relief. I slipped my hand into his and started to walk. The sun was just setting as we walked home. Having Daichi next to me was comforting, it felt normal. I loved him, I really did. I know what people will say. They'll say, "please, you've been together for a week. How can you say you love him?" Maybe that's how it is. Am I just deceiving myself? I don't think that's how it was. I know I love him. I know almost everything about him and that's who I fell in love with. Over the last few years, I've gotten to know him and vice versa. He's my best friend and I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. He's helped me so much. He's made me so happy. I know I can trust him.

The walk home was quiet. I spent most of it thinking about those things. It had been a long day. When we got home, I went straight to the bathroom. I stretched out and groaned at the pain that was increasing in my shoulder. There was nothing I could do about it, the doctors said so themselves when I called. I got in the shower and the warmth reduced the pain. I sighed and started to wash up.

After about 20 minutes, I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. Daichi was still in the bathroom, so I decided to lay down and get comfortable. A few minutes later, he walked into the room and walked over. I smiled up at him as he laid down himself. He put his arm over my waist. "I love you," I whispered. I was already drifting off, but I heard the quiet "I love you, too," come back and resonate in my head.

---

"Sugawara Koushi," I heard my name called over the loud speaker. I walked up and got my diploma, shaking hands with the principal and vice-principal, trying not to laugh as I remembered what had happened at the beginning of the year to the latter. I took my seat, Daichi was gleaming at me. I smiled back and took a deep breath.

After the ceremony, our kohais came and hugged us. A sea of voices over powered all else as we heard the members of Nekoma, Fukurodani, Seijou, and a bunch of other teams. We all had a laugh as we remembered everything we had gone through with them. Karasuno had ended up winning the national title, which was a surprise to everyone. There were tears and laughs, I loved them all.

A few hours later, everyone cleared out and it was just Daichi and I. I looked over and took his hand. He sighed and looked up at me. "Suga, there's something I need to tell you."

"W-what is it?" I asked nervously. He nodded his head in the direction of the bench. We walked over and sat down.

"Well, after nationals, there were a few teams that contacted us, you know that already. Originally, I had denied them all, like you had, because it was way too expensive and we had everything planned out. We were going to go to Tokyo and got to the university. We would play on the volleyball team and have a little apartment to ourselves. Everything was going to work out."

"Wait a second. What do you mean by 'were' and 'was'?"

"Well, another college contacted me and offered a full ride. The same college Kuroo, Bokuto, Oikawa, and Iwaizumi are going to. I couldn't turn that down, Suga. I'm so sorry." Daichi stood up and started to walk away. I was already crying. I heard the door shut. That's when everything shattered. My mind, my heart my soul, all laid out in front of me in a million tiny pieces. I heard someone calling my name, a voice that sounded so much like Daichi's. I looked around, but no one was there.

---

I woke up to Daichi shaking me slightly. I felt the dampness on my cheek and realized I had been crying. Daichi hugged me tightly. "Suga, what's wrong?"