Chapter 10: Twelve years-old

Darcy tilted her head slightly as she listened to her dads, confused slightly. "Huh?" she said, her left ear sagging.

Louis chuckled at her short attention span. They all knew she wasn't good at listening to one thing for long, that's mostly why they are talking to her. Because of her short attention span, her grades dropped from straight A's to C's and D's.

"Darcy," Liam said, sighing. "What happened with your grades?"

"They went down," she replied.

"Why?" Zayn asked, looking at her.

"Because," she started, looking up at the ceiling, "I can't focus on what we're doing in the classroom."

They stared at her as she looked back at them and pouted. "But it's really hard. No one will be quiet or listen to the teacher and it gets me confused. I'm fine when I'm alone though," she said, watching her tail sway. "I told the teacher that last week and she said that I should...um...try getting homeschooled or get put in a different class." She chuckled nervously and scratched the back of her head. "I forgot to tell you though."

Harry sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Maybe we should get you homeschooled. Especially, since we have this last tour," Niall suggested, sighing.

She shook her head quickly and stood up, pouting. "No! I won't get to see my friends and that means I'm taking the easy way out!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "Since last week, I've been working harder with help from Becky. Our teacher said that I made a slight improvement."

They looked at each other before looking back at her, making that mistake. She made her eyes big, pushed her bottom lip out, her ears sagged, and her tail wrapped around her waist.

"Fine! Just stop with the eyes!" Louis moaned, covering his face.

She smiled and giggled. "Okay."

"Now, go do your homework," Liam said, smiling.

She nodded and ran up to her room. The boys sighed and ran a hand through their hair. "She's at least trying and not giving up like most kids her age would," Zayn pointed out, looking at the others.

"Yeah," Niall said, chuckling.

"I can't believe we lost to the eyes—/the eyes/!" Louis complained.

They laughed at him as he continued to complain.