The warlock and the shadowhunter- part 1

"Do you, Alexander Lightwood take Lydia Branwell as your lawfully wedded Wife?" the priest asked me.

No. I never wanted to be here. Never wanted to be standing here in front of everybody marrying someone, let alone a girl. But I am and this is for my family.

"I d-", I opened my mouth to say but was interrupted.

"ALEC STOP!", he  shouted at me. He came. For me.

All I can think of is that he's here and maybe I won't have to put myself through this. He walked up to me shocking my family and the members of the clave. "Alec don't do this", he said with his voice shaking as he caressed my cheek. I've never seen Magnus this vulnerable and I hate that I'm the cause of this. I could see the tears forming at the duct of his perfectly done eyes.

Behind Magnus I could see Lydia staring at us just like everybody else but she had this look that I couldn't quite believe. She looked surprisingly ...calm. As if her wedding had not been stopped by a 400 year-old warlock.

"Lydia I-", I said trying to explain to her but she opened her mouth and shocked me.

"I know Alec. You don't have to explain to me. I've seen the way you two look at each other and I must admit, I was surprised when you proposed to me but I knew why you did it and I expected this to happen"

"Well i'm sorry to interrupt this conversation but what is happening", Mother asked with her awfully calm voice.

Nothing ever ends up well when she starts to use that voice. I looked at Lydia hoping she would try to explain but she shaked her head telling me that I had to do it.

I shifted my eyes to my father and everyone standing, eager to here me speak.

I finally turned to Magnus, the man who I avoided thinking about but to no avail. The man who I had been dreaming about. The man who I always thought would come swooping in and saving me like a superhero and he did but now it's time to save myself.

This felt like it had been minutes but in reality it was only mere seconds.

Magnus had started this and it's time for me to end this. It's now or never. I sucked in my breath fearing the words that were going to come out from my mouth.

"Mother, Father I'm gay", I said as I felt the world lifting off my shoulders. I looked at Mother's face and felt it back on my shoulders again.

"What! Alec honey you're just-", Mother started to say but I'll never know what she wanted she did because suddenly I was in my room.

With Magnus.

Alone.

And our position wasn't exactly friendly.