Chapter 1

"I don't know my destination I just want a ticket for a midnight subway car."
"I'll give you a round trip ticket but I'm not giving you the destination. Is that ok?"
"Yes."
I grabbed the ticket from her and got on to the subway car. I sat down and started playing with my hair. A few minutes later a boy sits down next to me. He was wearing a suit and tie. They looked expensive.
"Hope you don't mind me sitting with you. This was the only open seat left."
"It's ok."
"Great, my name's Adrian." He smiled and held out his hand.
"I'm Avalon."
"What's a girl like you doing out this late?"
"I'm getting away from the stress of life, and maybe explore the city some more."
"I see, you know it's dangerous to be out here by yourself."
"I think I can handle myself."
"At least let me escort you home."
"Fine."
"Where are you heading?"
I handed him my ticket.
"I see, where do you live?"
"Manhattan, New York."
"Huh that's what your ticket says."
"I see, and I think that's the next stop."
I sighed and stood up as the subway car stopped. I got out and waited for him to follow. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the station.
"Wait where are we going?"
"You said I could escort you home."
"But do you have to drag me?"
"Sorry."
He let go of my hand. We got into a cab and headed west. I stopped the driver when we got to edge of my block. I got out and was preparing to pay the driver when Adrian handed the driver the money. He got out of the car and escorted me inside of my apartment building. I walked to my apartment and stopped at the door.
"Thank you for escorting me home."
"Your welcome."
I unlocked the door and went inside. I started to close the door when he called out.
"I hope to see you again."
I smiled and closed the door and locked it. I got ready for bed and turned the lights out. I had just gotten under the covers when my phone went off. I was too lazy to get up and check it, so rolled over and went to sleep