Chapter Eleven

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

And though there are times when I hate you 'cause I can't erase
The times that you hurt me and put tears on my face
And even now while I hate you it pains me to say
I know I'll be there at the end of the day
Broken Hearted Girl, Beyonce

Chapter Eleven

I pretended I was okay.

Was I, really? The answer was no.

Now looking at my tiny hands in front me, I tried not to fiddle with them. Jace was sitting across from me, waiting for me to sign the contract.

The divorce agreement contract.

If I love him, surely, I would sign it right? Because as they say, if you love someone you would let them go. No matter how much it hurts, you gotta have to let them go.

After I woke up this morning with a killer headache, I found myself in my room. I couldn't remember anything much this morning, the only thing I remembered is blocking out last night at the party. Jace immediately woke me up and started his painful wrath.

I took a peak at the paper again, the word divorce kept playing in my head over and over again. He wanted a divorce straight after a year and a half, I hadn't even staying at his house for over a year. He insisted that we get it done as soon as possible for as he didn't want hassle.

"Once our marriage ends, the better. I'll give you 5 million dollars so that you can leave me alone and as a limony" 

He threw a pen towards my way, and it landed on the floor. I was forced to pick it up, now holding the pen in my hand I gripped it tightly.

Be strong, Amy. I told myself. You can do this. 

But could I? Could I do what he wanted me to do? 

I love him, but he doesn't love me back.

I treat him well, he treats me bad.

I held the tears that was threatening to spill on my cheeks, I just simply couldn't let him see being weak. The fingers wrapped around the pen tightened even more, my knuckles had gone white. 

I swallowed and made a decision. For him, because I love him, I will do what's best for us.

I dragged the contract towards my way, and crossed out the five million dollars printed on the paper and signed at the bottom. 

"I don't need your money, I'll prove you that I could live without having your limony maintenance supporting me" I said, bravely.

He gave a sarcastic laugh, and a streak of tear flowed down my face. "Oh, I'm sure you don't. You poeple only wanted ransom from us and don't you go tell me you're different from them"

Am I, though? Maybe, I was just like everyone as he said. Perhaps I only wanted money, but money couldn't buy the love I feel for him.

Jace stood and the chair gave a protesting sound as he pushed it in. 

"You're wrong, Jace. Doing sincere actions to another person, does not require reciprocal conditions" I murmured.

He whipped around, angrily. His height hovered over me, "What did you say?" he demanded.

"I said, doing sincere stuff doesn't--" I was cutted off when Jace grasped my arm, painfully.

"Doesn't require a condition, huh? Can you hear yourself Amy?" he said, looking at me with a disbelieving look glued to his face. "You ruined my life! Jordan and I could be happily married by now, if it weren't for you!"

I couldn't seemed to control the tears as it streamed down my face. I was reckless, hopeless. 

Rage consumed him, radiating off him. Jace let go of me and started to throw things at every direction. The loud crashing sound hurt my ears, I tried to block my head and somehow I sobbed harder. 

I began to walk away but he beat to it, he pushed me back against the wall. his hold never lessened as he stared at me.

"You ruined everything, Amy" he repeated but this time he sounded defeated. We were both defeated.

But even I didn't know what were fighting for, we were fighting for nothing. 

I had been expecting this moment since the day we got married, the moment when he started to blame me for ruining his life. For marrying him, but I wanted to tell him that it wasn't just my fault. 

It was nobody' else's.

I wanted to tell him, I cared for him. That I love him since the day we met, but I doubt that he would listen to me. 

He would be just angry, instead. He couldn't feel have feelings for me,right? Because I was the one who married him and that ruined his life. 

Everyone's life. 

Especially his

 Hey Guys! :D Here is Chapter Eleven lovies :) This would be the last upload at the moment, but please don't give up on it. I have so much ideas, it's just that I have exams next week and needed to focus. I'm still going to write but I probably won't be able to upload soon. 

Hope you guys like this chapter and yeah. Don't forget to comment, and vote ! Your support truly means the world to me and yeah :)

Enjoy!

Nhica xx