Chapter Twelve

My Husband's Lover
Nhica Moico

Have you been drinkin'
To take all the pain away?
I wish that I could give you what you deserve....

Nothing Like Us, Justin Bieber

Chapter Twelve

It was my birthday tommorow, and so is Jace's.

"Haven't you seen what you were looking yet?" my best friend Ashley whined, we skimmed through the man's clothes but I didn't found anything Jace would like. I didn't even know what Jace like, anyway. But since it was his first birthday and mine to celebrate together, I wanted to buy him something especial. Something that would remind him of me whenever he looks at it.

I wanted to fulfill his birthday wishes, I wanted to make it especial for him. I couldn't wait till tommorow.

When I didn't seemed to find the right present for Jace, Ashley and I decided to have lunch and  went home.

"Do you want to catch the bus?" I asked, turning to face my best friend.

Her face perked up, brightly. We've been mingling around the shops for a long time and she must have been getting sick of walking around since morning.

"Sure"

We catched the bus, and got in time. Just as the big green bus started to leave. It was nice to finally been out of the house, I was mostly sulking and been bored forever and then Ash asked me if I

wanted to go out. So I said yes, and I needed some fresh air anyway.
The bus roared to life, and we sat there quitely. And then Ash spoke, "So it's Jace birthday and your huh?"

Her voice had that teasing sound, I smiled. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering. Do you have any plans for tommorow?"

"I don't know, Ash. I'll see" the bus rounded up the corner and it my street.

"Do you want to come in?" I said, and whipped towards her direction.

"Nah, I have some stuff to do. I'll call you, okay?" I nodded and hugged her.

I inserted the key into the keyhole and heard the thing clicked, I twisted the doorknob and let myself in. It was utterly quite, I had the whole house again.

I turned the TV on and sat down. There was a note on the coffee table, it was from my dad.

And it says.......

Hey my sweet jelly bean! Daddy just dropped by but you weren't there. I told Jace to give this note to you and I guess you have, already. I wish you a happy birthday sweetheart, and I very much miss you everyday. My baby girl had gone married now, and your daddy's not over it still. I wish you a very happy birthday tommorow, and stay safe.

PS: Your mum said happy birthday as well, and on to Jace as well.

The note ended to that. It was one of the sweetest thing my dad had said to me, I was a total daddy's girl. I hugged the note to my chest, tears brimmed in the back of my eyes. I miss them so much, that it hurts sometimes.

I went to my room and took the blue box out of my drawer, and had a look inside. There was little papers inside it, notes about my favorites days such as celebrating my birthday and other stuff that was important to me.

I took a fresh blue paper, and folded it in half and ripped it. I wrote, "So excited for my birthday and Jace's tommorow" and folded it in little bits so that it fitted well inside.