(5) The Chase

Vote & Comment! :))

~I think this song to the right goes PERFECTLY with the  second part of this chapter! Hell,  I played it while I imagined the scene! 

* * * * * * * * *

Flora and I entered the costume shop with wide grins stretched across our faces.

“Sweet, since it’s not Halloween this place is stocked!” I commented, taking in the isles and isles of neatly hung costumes.

“I know! What are you thinking about being? I was thinking something along the lines of a--“She cut the sentence off, turning into an isle with a dazed look on her face. Her feet dragged slightly her shoulders hunched in a little.

“Flora? What’s up?” I asked her, as she stood in the middle of the isle. She put her hand out beginning to walk towards the opposite end of store. “Flora?” I repeated, starting to think something seriously wrong was about to happen.

As I went to tap her on the shoulder she turned around screaming, “HA!”

I jumped at least fifty nine feet in the air.

I punched her shoulder, scowling heavily. “What the hell! That wasn’t—“

“Holy crap!” she screamed, looking behind me.

“What!” I whirled around, panic rising in my chest. Flora burst out laughing clutching her knees for support.

“You…it…Your face!” she gasped out, her blond hair becoming a mess from her constant head bobbing. She held onto one of the metal shelves to catch her breath. “That was just..priceless.””

“That’s it, I’m leaving.” I started to walk away, a smile on my face. Oh, would I get her good for that one.

I waited in-between the isles for Flora to come out. “Wait! I was just—“

“Boo!”

This time it was her who screamed and jumped fifty nine feet in the air. Her hand went to her chest, eyes widened to their limit. She scowled at me, clucking her tongue at my laughter. “I suppose I deserved that…”

“Yep, that’s what you get,” I sang, skipping back into the same isle. “Let’s start here and work our way down the aisle.”

I eyed the more disgusting costumes for woman, which were cut way too short for my liking. My best friend of course was interested only in the short costumes.

“I call the Devil costume!” Flora shouted, jumping ahead of me. I puffed my cheeks out as she took it out of the package and held the outfit against her body. “What do you think? Should I try it on?”

Yeah if you want to look like a whore, I thought absently. I couldn’t just say that flat out, I had to be gentle with Flora. She was one of those people that cried watching cartoons about butterflies and dancing donuts.

 I opened my mouth to speak, trying to tell her nicely what I thought. “I—“

“I really want it!” she suddenly blurted, eying the costume with an eager face. Her eyes almost looked crazy as she eyed the costume. “Should I?”

 “Quiet down we’re in a store!”

She ignored my comment. “I’ll be right out!” She did a little jump in victory, and ran out of my view, like a little kid discovering they were getting ice-cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and quite possibly a midnight snack.

It was disturbing really because I knew she was only interested in that costume because I had invited Donovan Breaker to the party. He was, to put it simply, the most gorgeous man to walk this earth. No really, I’m being serious. His black hair is always slicked back perfectly, his straight white teeth dazzling any walking- creature that passed him in the school hallways. Ok maybe he wasn’t that hotbut he was still one serious piece of eye candy that Flora had been crushing on since forever.