Josh ran downstairs in sweatpants. The shards of glass are spread across the wooden floor. I sit frozen, eyes glued on the TV.

"Babe. Babe. Babe what's wrong? Babe! Speak"

"Mouth. Not. Working. For. Words."

"What?" He rewinds the television to the part where I dropped the glass.

He watches until the end. The part with Nick. The part with Claudia. The part where everything went wrong.

"Josh. When did they have a kid?"

"I don't know."

"We just got together... Oh my god... We've been cheated on."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. A woman is pregnant for 9 months. It's been about a month since we've been together. So we've been cheated on for eight months."

"But Jenn does it matter. We have each other."

"That's true." I lean in and kiss his soft warm lips.

"Let's go for a walk." He says jumping up.

"Let's go to the beach." I say turning his idea down.

"Fine. Go get dressed."

"Why now? It's still early."

"Babe. It's eleven."

"You know I'm tired till twelve."

"Fine." He scoots next to me and we sit and watch Restaurant Impossible. I start to doze off.

+++

"Babe. Babe. Babe wake up."

"What?" I ask looking around.

"C'mon. We're going to the beach."

"Fine!"

"What?"

"Pack a picnic. I'll change and get three towels."

"Okay. I'll get fruit. And soda."

"Fine."

I run up the stairs into our room and get a bathing suit out. I set it on the bed. I run into the closet and grab three towels.

"Babe? Do you want strawberries?"

"Yeah. Which ever fruit you can find. Oh! And chips!" I laughs. I can gear him chuckle too.

I laugh and get dressed.

Sorry this chapter is short. School has been stressful with plays and stuff. Anyway. Comment. Love your comments!

-S&P