o n e

(an: Lauren is my aesthetic)

"So Y/N," The girls manager started, "we have a question."

"Okay shoot," I furrowed my eye brows trying to think of what they would be asking me.

"So Normani and Dinah over here has been getting extremely close lately. A little to close and the media has been all over it, so we need the two girls to tone it down in public and make sure people know that they are only best friends and that's where you come in," I nodded my head following every word that he was saying, "We need you and Dinah to be an item. In a relationship. Like best friends that kiss. Gal Pals. However you want to put it, that's what we need. So are you up for it?"

My eyes went wide and I looked over towards the two girls staring at me. I didn't know what to think or how to act.

"Dinah specifically asked for you if it makes your choice any easier,"

"Uh well I guess I could do that," My voice was a bit shaky and hesitant but the manager took that as a definite confirmation.

"Okay so you and Dinah have to act like a real couple in public and maybe outside at first just to practice. You have to kiss, hold hands, act cute etc-"...

It's been over a year since I went from being a coffee girl to dating Dinah. Well fake dating as I soon realised. Dinah was sweet and really nice while we weren't in the public eye at the beginning but now she barely talks to me unless it's details for an interview or red carpet/awards show. I get pretty lonely especially on tours like the one the girls are on now. I haven't really ever had the chance to talk or hang out because Dinah never wanted me to be close to the girls or anything.

Which leads me to where I am right now. In the lounge of the tour bus reading a book while the girls are doing whatever they do on a day off. Dinah and I weren't given specific orders to go anywhere to show off our relationship so Dinah's probably with Normani somewhere.

"Hey," I heard a raspy voice bring me out of my thoughts, "What book are you reading?"

"The Fault in Our Stars," I answered quietly, "Rereading it for like the hundredth time."

Her laugh is officially now my favourite sound. I couldn't help but smile and eventually I looked up at her. My eyes connected with her piercing green eyes and as cheesy as it sounds I was mesmerised by her eyes. I have a major weakness for eyes like hers.

"You there? Helllooo..." I was brought back to reality when I felt something hit me.

"Hey!" I pouted and held my arm.

"I had no other choice," she held her arms up defensively. We both laughed.

Once our laughter had died down we heard laughing coming from outside. It sounded like Dinah and Normani were back. Dinah would probably freak if she saw me talking to one of her group members. It was one of her rules: No getting close to any of the group.

"Well I'll catch you later..."

"Y/N,"

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," She playfully winked causing me to look down slightly, "Well I'll catch you later Y/N,"

And with that the green eyed goddess had gone to the bunks and I went back to reading my book. Well rereading the same page over and over because I couldn't concentrate on anything but that girl I had just come in contact with.

I didn't even get her name. Gosh how stupid am I? I have no clue when I'll be able to talk to her again.

I put my book down and leaned my head back. I closed my eyes only seeing her until I heard the tour bus door open and I instantly opened my eyes to see a smiling and happy looking Normani and Dinah walk through. That was until they both spotted me. Normani's face turned into a glare as she dropped Dinah's hand and walked past me ignoring me.

"We have an interview tomorrow and you have to come to interact in the public eye, you know the drill," Dinah said quickly as she walked past me following where Normani had gone.

"Okay," I closed my eyes and leaned my head back once again.

I forgot to mention Dinah and Normani are a thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter! This will be kind of fast moving between Lauren and you and this is currently my favourite story to write.

Please comment what you think of this chapter because I love hearing your feedback on my work and all your future predictions (:

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! Stay safe, love yous!

-brooke