The Red Cat and the Blue Angel (Part 2)

The red cat and the blue angel traveled far and wide to find a way to visit the moon.

They went to the ocean, desert and plains but they still couldn't find the answer to their question.

One day, they went to the forest and met a red deer.

" Hello innocent ones. What brings you here?", the red deer said.

" We came here to find a way to go the moon. Do you know how to go there?"

The deer shook it's head sadly and answered the anticipating pair.

" I'm sorry. I do not know know how to go to the moon."

The red cat and the blue angel were very disappointed.

As they turned around after having said goodbye to the deer, the deer shouted out as it suddenly remembered something.

" I cannot help you achieve your goal, but I can tell you about a legend I heard."

The cat and the angel eagerly waited for the deer to continue.

The red deer said: " I heard that there was a golden tree somewhere in this vast forest. Rumor says that the tree can grant a person one wish if they are found. But be cautious as it can only be seen once and once seen, it will disappear, never to be seen by those who wished."

The red cat and the blue angel found hope in those words. They thanked the red deer for the story and headed deep into the forest.

They searched and searched for a very long time, so long that they had little time left in their short life.

The two walked through the woods until the feline could no longer walk. It had gotten weak from their long journey.

The blue angel carefully took the cat in their arms and continued to walk in it's stead.

As the two companions pursued their quest, the red cat asked the angel to keep a promise, to which the blue angel promised to keep.

As they continued down the seemingly unending view of cherry-colored vegetation, the cat slowly got sleepier and sleepier. The winged companion kept it company with stories and recollections of memories. The crimson cat listened quietly.

After walking for a long time, the blue angel spotted something past the red trees. It was a color that it had never seen before. Gold. The color of wishes and salvation.

The golden tree stood on a small hill, isolated from the other vegetation of monotone red. The azure angel slowly walked up to the tree, and sat down from exhaustion.

It was time to keep their promise.

The angel took one last look at the sky and gently whispered.

"I wish to give beautiful color to this world."

Soon after, the red of the grass and leaves turned into a fresh looking green, the sky a marvelous blue, and the earth a fine brown.

The angel slowly closed it's eyes, a sigh escaping it's lips in a content manner, as it watched the world change, starting from deep within the roots of the tree of wishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, thank you for taking your time to read story. It was my first attempt on writing a fairytale-ish story. This series is not over yet and I plan to write more short stories with maybe a different writing style and maybe more fairytale-ish settings.

To explain what happened at the end of the story, the cat was dying of old age. As it neared it's end it made the blue angel promise it something. Which was to give color to this world. At first the goal was to go to the moon, but it knew that both it and the angel were nearing their end. It realized that by the time they got to the tree, they would be pretty much at the end of their life. So what he did was give color to this world, since the reason it wanted to go to the moon was to see a different color. The blue angel had the option of wishing to go back to his hometown, but decided to respect the cat's wishes, since it partly wished for this world's happiness too after having travelled around for so long. The cat dies while listening to the angel talk and the angel follows in after having made it's wish under the golden tree. 

Again, thank you for reading my story and I hope you have a lovely day!