smile x vik and josh

the environment was not pleasant, to say the least. a broken table and chair sat abandoned in the corner of the rectangular room, vik assumed it was from a bar fight he had missed. the bar was mainly filled with drunken men, majority above the grand age of forty. except vik.

the boy sat at the bar, the same order going in every ten minutes - a pint of guiness - for the past hour. vik had finished recording and editing his videos at one in the morning - earlier than usual - and left the house to visit his girlfriend. vik was blindly in love with her, infatuated with her personality and looks and just her. but that had changed.

x flashback x

digging through his beige trouser pocket for his assortment of keys, vik unlocked the door to his girlfriends apartment. they'd been together for a year and vik had always shown up at random times due his occupation. this led to marie - his girlfriend - solution of giving him a key so at three in the morning she didn't have to go answer the door.

walking in to the familiar hallway, vik automatically closed the door and walked to the living room where he knew marie would be. he just didn't expect another man to be on top of her. their lips moved together as she ran his hands through his hair. the blonde haired boy moved to vik's girfriends neck leaving kisses causing a moan to escape her mouth.

vik immediately left. he held back the tears, and walked to the closest bar.

x flashback x

"vik!" he didn't even turn to see one of his best friends approach. vik didn't know why, but in his moment of heartbreak he'd called josh. "what happened."

"i went to marie's." vik's voice slurred but his heartbreak ruled over the toxin pulsing through his veins. "she was cheating on me, josh." a sob left his lips.

"vik," sympathy screamed through josh's voice as he brought vik to lean into his chest. "she wasn't worth it if she did that."

"what's wrong with me, josh? what did i do wrong?" normally, josh would of been insecure about vik's loud sobs bringing attention to them as the only sound came from a quiet jukebox in the corner, but everyone was pissed so it didn't matter.

"maybe she didn't like your blocks." josh tried to make a joke - something he thought of himself as good at. vik let out a pathetic laugh, smiling up at his bearded friend. "there's a smile." both boys laughed again.

"stupid, bitch." vik mumbled, taking a sip of his alcoholic drink.

"vik?" the two boys made eye contact. "you're perfect, you know that right? your eyes, your laugh, your personality, just you." somehow, the tired boys had leant in closer to each other. "i fucking love your smile." then they were kissing, it was soft and gentle and perfect.

"wow." vik mumbled as they pulled away, he felt thrilled, content and over the moon - all at the same time.

"vik, would you like to be my boyfriend?" no more words were exchanged, just a kiss - slightly more heated - and an agreement to go home. together. how it should be.

-

this was for @umbrethewriter hope you liked it! sorry if it's slightly shitty but it's like one in morning nearly and im trying new writing styles so yeah!