last two x simon and reader

you were drained. ever since the world had decided to fuck everyone over, you'd began to lose hope. it had all been a normal day until there was banging at the window, vik went to see what was going on. he was the first. you and vik had been best friends since year eight, when your mum decided it was best to move from brighton to sheffield. you had to agree with her because vik your favorite person in the world.

it had been a week since the first outbreak. ethan was the second. a simple mistake and they found you all, ethan had fallen the previous day, spraining his ankle. you tried to help, no one would let you once the jaw locked onto his leg.

all had been going fine. well, as fine as everything could be in this world crisis. you were all short on food so tobi, josh and cal offered to go on a run. only tobi returned. cal was third, when a walker latched onto his shoulder. never heard it coming. josh and tobi made a run as two more appeared, but were occupied by cal's sobbing body. josh was the fourth, reaching for a knife to kill off the dead. the chair fell from underneath his feet as he shouted at his best friend of eleven years to run. be safe. look after freya for him.

freya was the fifth. she couldn't focus. you were convinced that she'd allowed the walkers to take her. you didn't want to believe it though.

the next day, there was an abandoned truck. food transport. harry was sixth, famished and desperate he took the plunge. his neck was ripped apart, a bony hand plunging into his gut to rip out his organs. you all ran.

now it was you, tobi and simon. everyone else was dead. you heard the twig break to your left, your body whipping around to the source. a walker. alone. the two boys followed your actions, instinct for the past year now. hastily walking up, you jabbed to blood stained knife through it's eye, up into it's skull. blood spewed from the source and you retreated, knife ripping through the soft tissue as the dead - for the second time - body fell to the dirt floor.

"y/n." tobi warned, more walkers were approaching, they must have been following the one you just killed. turning, there were more. a herd.

"shit." you muttered. instantly, you began searching for an escape. tobi stepped forward to take out one that was particularly close. "tobi!" one crawling along the floor, guts spilling due to it's missing half, grabbed his legs. it took a bite, tobi falling as another one swarmed. simon instantly had his arms around you as you tried to get to him, a sob of his name escaping your mouth. simon took your hand, forcing you to run.

"we need to go." simon persisted, but there were some walkers following us through the forest. you kept on taking looks back, the walkers seemed to get faster. "in here," simon ducked you both into a building. the door caused a creak as it opened, a wince seething through your lips. another walker appeared to our left as we entered the building, quickly you dragged simon the opposite direction. the clattering of the dead could be heard as they entered the building, everything rushing past as you weaved through hallways. "y/n." simon said slowly, the grunting and shuffling of the walkers getting closer as the hallways ended.

"no." you shook your head, looking around for a way to escape. there was always a way! "no!"

"y/n," simon brought you into his arms, time ticking down. "i love you. i always have and i always will. i love you." he had tears in his eyes as his lips met yours, you melted into the kiss; putty in his hands.

"i love you, too." you mumbled against his lips as the walkers surronded you, seeming to trap you before biting into your skin. your hand refused to leave simon's are your shrieks of pain followed you to the floor and pain. simon's hand fell weak, your own tightening around -

-
this for @xixsdmnxix hope you enjoyed :)
feel free to request more :)