Chapter 1

I fixed the pillows on my bed and looked at the new house. Lucky for me, my girlfriend was able to join, just for today though. The house was away from the city, and around a large lake. I guess it was good for me because I'm on the swim team, but I didn't think it was safe to swim in that. Besides, I was graduating in another year.
"This house is creepy, but I fucking love it." My girlfriend, Lauren said, helping me hang a few pictures up on the wall.
"I don't, especially with that lake here." I said, looking at the lake through my window. Lauren wrapped her arms around my waist.
"I doubt anything is wrong, this place is beautiful...just like you." She said and kissed my cheek.
"Shut up Lauren.." I rolled my eyes and she smiled. When she heard her phone go off.
"Babe, I gotta go, my moms here," she kissed me softly and continued speaking. "I love you..." She continued.
"I love you too, Laur.." I said as she left the room. Once she left, I plopped down on my bed and sighed. Without thinking, I picked up my phone and dialed my father's number. The phone rang once before it went to voice mail. I angrily threw my phone at the wall and wiped the tears from my eyes. Soon my mother called me into the dining room for dinner.  Which was steak and salad. I sat down at the unusually long chestnut table.
  "So, Aviana, how do you like the new house?" Mom asked, causing Sophia and Isabella's attention to turn to me.
  "I don't know. It's actually rather creepy." I stated, taking a bite of my salad. 
   "Yeah, but I like it." Isabella said, smiling. 
  "Creep." I pretended to murmur but she heard me and rolled her eyes. Sophia finished her food and went outside. I soon finished, but went to the basement. The room was small and dark and smelled of mildew. I tried turning on the light, but instead heard a quiet giggle.
"Stop trying to mess with me, Kaylee." Kaylee was my younger sister, but she hardly ever talked to anyone. I head a laugh again. "Fuck this shit." I said and ran upstairs. By the time I ran upstairs, Kaylee was just walking into the kitchen.
"YOU BITCH!" I yelled and she looked confused.
"Um what the fuck." She said and continued to look at her phone.
"Did you not just try to scare me?" I asked and began shaking.
   "Uh, no." She rolled her eyes. No.
   "Oh um sorry.."