Chapter 4: The Roomate

Jillian's POV:
There's two weeks left until we start our first day of college. Katelin and I haven't seen much of Shaun because all three of us are trying to get things ready for the start of school. Occasionally Shaun will come over for dinner and he'll talk about his new roommate. From the things he's said I've gathered that his name is James, he's from Dallas Texas, and he's super cool(at least that's why Shaun has said). Today I was just sitting on our couch minding my own business when Katelin breaks the silence by screaming "I'm bored lets go meet James." So right now I'm walking up three flights of stairs. "Katelin I know you don't really care about James you just want to see Shaun." "You are correct but I want to be friendly.", she responds. As we reach the top of the last flight of stairs I sigh in relief. I open the stairs door and walk to Shaun's apartment. You can see the happiness written all over Katelin's face as she knocks on the door. Within 30 seconds Shaun opens the door to greet us. "What are you guys doing here?", he says with a very confused look on his face. "Jillian and I are bored so we've come to bother you." "Well okay then you guys can come in I guess. I'll order us a pizza for lunch." Katelin and I walk into the apartment. It's more organized then I expected it to be. As we walk in I see that there's a man watching TV on Shaun's couch. He's very attractive. He turns to see us. "James this is Jillian and Katelin. My friends from back home.", Shaun says. James gets off of the couch to greet us, he reaches out his hand to us for a handshake. "It's a pleasure to meet you both, Shaun has said so many things about you two." We smile then sit on the couch next to James. "So let me tell you a little about myself.", he says. "I'm from Dallas Texas and I'm going to NYU to study engineering." "I'm going to study engineering too!", I exclaim. Then James and I started talking. Katelin was silent but she was smiling at me because she could tell I was kind of interested in him. Then my phone beeps. It's a text from Katelin that reads: I see you two are becoming well acquainted. I'm going to bug Shaun. She gets up and walks over to Shaun. There's some more conversation before our pizza arrives. All 4 of us sit at a table and just talk and mess around. When we're done eating Katelin and I decide it's time for us to go. We say our good byes then walk back down the three flights of stairs. "Jillian it's obvious you're into him." I don't respond to her all I can do is smile.