Chapter 5: Old Love

Katelin's POV:
*phone beeps* I quickly grab my phone to see who texted me. The text sent is from Shaun and it reads: Hey do you want to go and do something? I reply yes to him then quickly get ready to head out with him. We meet outside of our apartment building. "Hey Katelin!" He says while pulling me in for a hug. His arms have always felt like home to me. "Where are we going?", I ask. "Wherever you want." "Well okay then let's go to Central Park." "Okay I'm cool with that.", Shaun says. Together, we get on a subway to Central Park. When we arrive there we find a secluded bench in front of the pond. Shaun and I catch up on the bench for a while. Then for about 5 minutes there's silence. The silence is broken by Shaun. "Katelin I still love you. You don't realize how painful the last three years have been for me. Every day since we broke up I've regretted it so much. I wish I had fought harder for you, I miss you so much. I miss us. I miss you holding my hand, and the feel of your lips against mine, I just miss you. I don't know if you feel the same but I can't keep how I feel about you silent anymore. I love you Katelin. I've never stopped loving you and I really don't think I ever will." All I can do is look into his eyes, they've always been a beautiful blue. Tears now streaming down both of our faces. "I love you Shaun, I still do after three years of not being with you I still love you. Always and forever." He puts his hands on my face and pulls me in for a long kiss. After my lips leave his he whispers,"Let's be us again." I lean in for another kiss and suddenly we're making out on a park bench. When we finally separate I say, "Consider that my yes." He smiles. He's always had such a beautiful smile. It feels so fucking good to be with him again. We spend two more hours on a park bench just kissing. Eventually we get tired of the heat and decide to go back to our apartments. Shaun and I hold hands the whole way back. When we reach the apartment building Shaun walks me to my apartment. "I hate having to say goodbye.", he says. "So do I. Text me! I love you." We both lean in for a long kiss.
Shaun is the first to pull away. "I love you too." We both smile. "Bye.", I tell him as I walk into my apartment. As I walk in I see Jillian sitting on the couch. "Well you look happy."Jillian says. "I am. I'm very happy."